• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry picnic in the news - channel 4 detroit

warlockmatized

imported post

NOT quite sure WHY it isn't posted on clickondetroit.com. It was a very UNbiased report. Felt pro gun to me since Garagiola said "twice" how legal we were.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

not sure. i'm going to shoot them an e-mail to see what can be done about it. maybe they only post the "feature length" stories. ours was only about 40 seconds.

MrsRuger45

imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYY6-yGVn9c

sorry, had to shoot it with my cell phone. wish i had a video capture card on my computer, but that's the best i could do for now.
thanks for posting that for everyone. Ruger45 was happy to be one of the examples they used of someone carrying a gun. Me, I wasn't so excited to see my backside on TV! :what:

Michigander

imported post

Steve is actually the reason I stopped watching channel 4 news many years ago. The specifics aren't really important, but he agreed with an anti gun statement from one of his fellow reporters. From that point on, I watched FOX for local news. These days, I don't even have a TV. Threw it out when I moved.:?

khicks

imported post

Were there any other news reporters out here at the picnic then channel 4?
If so you mite be able to get a video clip from them

warlockmatized

imported post

khicks wrote:
Were there any other news reporters out here at the picnic then channel 4?
If so you mite be able to get a video clip from them
CH 4 and The Macomb Daily were it. I sent an email to CH 4 yesterday. Awaiting a reply.