• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unusual reaction to OC on a motorcycle

t3rmin

imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
:banghead:I am soooo jealous. I crashed my bike, but I may get another one some time. A OC ride would be sweet. I had a GSXR1000. Now I have 2 of them... one bike broken in two.:?
You alright? Tell us what happened!

I crashed my XS last season and just got it back together last week.

BlaineG

imported post

The next three weekends I'm out of town, on the scoot BTW, but you bet I'd be in for a first OC with Y'All. Here's my VTX1300 loaded up for a few days of "getting the hell out of Dodge" :celebrate

P1010869.jpg

amlevin

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
In WA, anything that do over 30 MPH requires a license and can be used on the test.
True, however you may get a license limited to something smaller than you want to ride. I don't know if it is still done but at one time the MC endorsement was in "segments". One being MC's under 500cc and the other Unlimited (like the one I just surrendered the last time I renewed my License as I don't own a bike anymore). I don't remember if there was a third, smaller classification anymore. These were placed on the license due to lots of people bringing their Honda 90's for the driving test and then going our and buying a Gold Wing, etc.

BlaineG

imported post

They don't issue the permit based on CCs anymore. The classes they teach, they will provide a 250 Rebel, and after you pass, you may get whatever you wish.

d0od

imported post

I have a 2000 Kawasaki ZX-6R (Me at The Seattle 100 this year). Great time, if anybody is interested in getting on a track no matter what type of bike you have let me know I will share some info about the Seattle 100 it is a charity track day that is totally relaxed.
S100-08-3.jpg

I share a 2004 R1 with the lil' lady
IMGP0214.jpg

Here is a video of me getting passed by 6 time AMA superbike champ Matt Mladin doing a weelie at the Seattle 100 this year. It was very exciting!