• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

why/how to carry to/from work

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I have the same issue that I can't carry or lock my weapon up on company property. I have one of the gun safes mentioned above and found a parking garage 2 blocks away from work that I use. If you use the gun safe be sure to use the cable system as a back up. I found that those Kingston laptop cable locks work with my gun safe and the cable is slightly thicker as well.
My company is so anal on guns that I got called to the HR Directors office while wearing my empty Serpa holster.

madcapmag

imported post

I have a Response Technologies Inc SafeBox. I mounted the sleeve under the driver's seat. When I get to work, I pull out the actual lock box, discreetly put it in, slide into sleeve, lock, done. If you can't mount the sleeve so you can reach while sitting in the drivers seat, no problems. Keep the actual lock box next to you, bolt sleeve anywhere. When you get to work, discreetly put gun into box, lock the box, carry discreetly to the sleeve, slide in and lock into sleeve.

Also, if you can, buy another sleeve and mount in your office somewhere discreet. That way you can carry the locked box in a bag and discreetly put into sleeve and lock. Its not in your car and if done discreetly, no one will be the wiser.

Of course, you could hollow out a book too and carry that inside....:celebrate