• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington OC motorcycle ride

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The weather next weekend (Aug 23-24) should be perfect, back in the 70's. I've got the whole weekend free so I'm up for anything from a short day trip to a weekend ride and camp out.

Some ideas (in no particular order):

North Cascades National Park
Twisp / Wenatchee
Lake Roosevelt Nat'l Rec Area
Columbia River

Any where with a hill, curve and a tree or two. And a decent view wouldn't hurt.

This is short notice, so I'll also mention I have from Sep 6 - 21 open. We could go crash a Virginia OC meeting!

Hammer

imported post

Hiway 20 to Winthrop sounds good to me. 3 fingered Jaack's is a good lunch destination. There'll have to be a fair bit of on & offing pistols, but that's no big deal to me.
Day trippers (like me) can turn around and ride it again the afternoon. It's good enough to do twice in a day.

t3rmin

imported post

I don't know if I'm down with boxing up my gun. Kinda rather not frequent areas hostile to civil rights...

Surely there's an enjoyable route through "free" country? ;-)

BlaineG

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
You could always do Hwy 12 over to Yakima. There are several return routes available.
Bear would have to strap two Goldwings together to fit on a scoot:dude::p

Bear 45/70

imported post

BlaineG wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
You could always do Hwy 12 over to Yakima. There are several return routes available.
Bear would have to strap two Goldwings together to fit on a scoot:dude::p
Sayeth the pot to the kettle!
054.gif
I've seen how much bike it takes to tote your sorry butt around Tubby!
missingteeth.gif

sharp

imported post

I originally wanted my first post here to be about OC on a motorcycle. Someone beat me to it back then. I took advantage of a meet in Everett to be introduced to some of you and also decided that my first OC should be on a bike. Fitting I thought as I really enjoy my bike.

I'd almost have to say I was "camo carry " more than anything else. Black gun, black tactical military style leg holster and black riding armor. You would have had to really stare at me to see the gun. Still one car did race up on my right side, slow down and then back off. Not sure if he just liked Yamaha's or saw the gun.

I'd sure vote for a ride to Winthrop. Its a great ride, should be friendly, and its close too. :) Its a breakfast ride for me, though I know many who look at it as a three day camp out. I'm in if the timings right.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So any takers for a ride to Winthrop this Saturday (the 23rd)?
The weather looks fine on both sides of the hills.

Then perhaps plan a longer trip in September.

gsx1138

imported post

Thanks for reminding me of how bad I want a motorcycle. Talked the wife into letting get a gun about a year ago. Now I'm wearing her down on letting me get a decent cruiser. Thank the Goddess gas prices are so high because I've got a really good case now.

Hammer

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
So any takers for a ride to Winthrop this Saturday (the 23rd)?
The weather looks fine on both sides of the hills.

Then perhaps plan a longer trip in September.
Like I said, I'm in for Winthrop. We can stage near my place if you like (Burlington)
I hear that breakfast ride distance, but an over and back with some side roads and stops can be an easy day.
We can also get a leisurely start and have breakfast on this side, lunch in Winthrop, and come back the afternoon.
Or go up to Hart's Pass if you're inclined and can get off the pavement.

t3rmin

imported post

Do you actually have to stow your gun when just passing through on the highway?

luvmyglock

imported post

Well guys, I would be in for a ride, but that is a little far. Besides, Burlington to Winthrop passes through national forest. We would have to disarm. It would be two hours from my place in Lacey to Burlington, just to start the ride. Is a more centrally located ride possible?

luvmyglock

imported post

t3rmin wrote:
Do you actually have to stow your gun when just passing through on the highway?
Good question. I would say that you do, but that's just me. You are a ways away from Burlington, even farther than me. Maybe we should just arrange our own SW WA OC ride...

BlaineG

imported post

luvmyglock wrote:
Well guys, I would be in for a ride, but that is a little far. Besides, Burlington to Winthrop passes through national forest. We would have to disarm. It would be two hours from my place in Lacey to Burlington, just to start the ride. Is a more centrally located ride possible?
There is a difference between National Forest and National Park.......National Forest is not a problem, after all, you can hunt in a National Forest...... And when I ride thru a National Park, well, it's just hid real well and I won't do anything stupid to make a Park Ninja want to see my glove box or the bottom of my lockable saddle bags.....