• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alright now, which one did I see in Old Town last night?

Mayday

imported post

Thats TWICE I've see you now! You had camo pants on and walked very fast past me before I could say hi. I've also seen you at Panera off Duke Street close to Old Town.

Just wanted to say hi and shoot the breeze but you're definately a fast walker type. I live in Old Town and suspect you do too; I'll keep an eye out for you. But if you're reading this, just wanted to say hi.

I sometimes O.C. in Old Town, most people dont even notice me carring at all. Except for this Japanese couple with a baby I met once in July. They were here on vacation from Japan and spoke pretty decent English. I was sippin' coffee at the Starbucks at the end of King St when I hear the husband ask me for directions. You could tell he kept eyeballing my Sig P229r on my strong-side. Eventually he just flat out asked me if I was an officer. I told him no. After answering a couple of questions about laws and guns here in VA, you could tell he was just beside himself. He just could not wrap his mind around the concept of such freedoms. He certainly wasnts against it at all....he just seemed overwhelmed with the very thought of it. He finally left with a HUGE smile but not before taking his picture with me. I'm sure he'll show all his friends in Japan the picture he took confirming that Americans are still cowboys.

razor_baghdad

imported post

Mayday wrote:
Thats TWICE I've see you now! You had camo pants on and walked very fast past me before I could say hi. I've also seen you at Panera off Duke Street close to Old Town.

Just wanted to say hi and shoot the breeze but you're definately a fast walker type. I live in Old Town and suspect you do too; I'll keep an eye out for you. But if you're reading this, just wanted to say hi.

Wasn't me....I'm a Levi guy....and I was late...1130ish

Had the daughter and pooch in tow.....I'll be down that way around noonish Sunday.....Founders to Chart...Up and down King, the pooch loves the Founders swim....chases the ducks for a bit :cool:

Chipotle in Old Town? Gonna have to show me that one...... ;)

razor_baghdad

imported post

Was back in Old Town again yesteday...(mayday...answer your PM's!)

I'm further south at the S Union / King intersection

Black guy that sells wateron the Marina side by Chart House wasn't there, his bud was....bought snacks for the pooch.......non-event....

Pooch (Chessie puppy) swims between Founders Park and the boat dock..

eyeswideopen/md........1800 tomorrow?..;)

razor_baghdad

imported post

Pick a spot...time/date

No-one along King St. or the pier seems to mind OC, plus several restaraunts along King allow pets on the patio. Not sure about the Chart House...

The restaraunt across from The Fish Market allows pets, the rest. next to Starbucks next to the water at King and South Union does, also....names escape me....

mayday may know more..I'm in.....

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

marine2000 wrote:
We should do a OC get-together in Old Town..!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in, presuming I can make it. I don't go to Old Town much (parking), but OC when I do. Last time was the Alexandria birthday celebration in July.

razor_baghdad

imported post

Tess wrote:
marine2000 wrote:
We should do a OC get-together in Old Town..!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in, presuming I can make it. I don't go to Old Town much (parking), but OC when I do. Last time was the Alexandria birthday celebration in July.

Parking isn't a problem.

Take Duke to S Union and turn right or left. Left takes you to Founders, all kinds of parking there and no meters. Turn right on S Union and you'll find parking (no meters) about 2 blocks down.

Covered parking either left or right on S Union is about $7 for a few hours.....

I have a trip scheduled for Sat morning and will be gone for 10 days, so this week is good, weekend notso much....anytime / anywhereOld Town after 6:00 or so is good.