• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO range trip?

cmdio

imported post

I was just Wondering what the interest in a group range trip would be. There is a number of places we could hold it, but I was thinking that the outdoor range at the state park in Brighton would be a good place. Lots of space on the firing line, its a very safely run range (the range officers don't put up with any nonsense), you can shoot your own ammo and its a pretty central location. The only downside is that the targets are static with 25 yd, 50 yd, and 100 yd stations, so it's not optimum for defensive type handgun practice. Best of all it's cheap, just pay the state park entrance fee and then another three dollars at the range I believe. They also have skeet, trap and a sporting clays area. Things are getting pretty busy for me with the school year starting up, but thought this would make for a fun get together.

taxwhat

imported post

cmdio wrote:
I was just Wondering what the interest in a group range trip would be. There is a number of places we could hold it, but I was thinking that the outdoor range at the state park in Brighton would be a good place. Lots of space on the firing line, its a very safely run range (the range officers don't put up with any nonsense), you can shoot your own ammo and its a pretty central location. The only downside is that the targets are static with 25 yd, 50 yd, and 100 yd stations, so it's not optimum for defensive type handgun practice. Best of all it's cheap, just pay the state park entrance fee and then another three dollars at the range I believe. They also have skeet, trap and a sporting clays area. Things are getting pretty busy for me with the school year starting up, but thought this would make for a fun get together.
one round at atime I Belive