Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VA Beach police called on me by Rudees Bar Manager.

Post imported post

My wife and I went to Rudees On The Inlet for dinner yesterday and on the way to being seated the bar manager stopped us and "informed" me that you can't carry a gun in a place that sells and serves alchohol. When I tried to tell him he was wrong he tried to cut me off and tell me he had a CHP and I told him I'm the customer don't interupt me. When I said that he looked like he wanted to deck me!!! When I asked to talk to the manager he told me that they called the police to see if it was legal and they were told it was. He also told me that he was uncomfortable with me carrying. I asked him if he wanted my buisness and he started to say something and I stopped him and told him just tell me yes or no do you want my buisness. Of course he said yes. So we left anyway. We ended up going to Rockafellers and had a great incident free meal.

Post imported post

Sorry to hear what happened. I too have been asked to leave the firearm in the car. I just tell them they won't get my business and leave.

I think it's comical when a person says it's "the law" and when they are proven wrong, they resort to "well I don't feel comfortable". They don't like the fact that they are wrong, so they pull out the child tactics.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

danbus wrote:
    Sorry to hear what happened. I too have been asked to leave the firearm in the car. I just tell them they won't get my business and leave.

I think it's comical when a person says it's "the law" and when they are proven wrong, they resort to "well I don't feel comfortable". They don't like the fact that they are wrong, so they pull out the child tactics.
    Yes that's true and carries over to other areas (non-firearms) as well. People do not like to be caught with their proverbial pants down. They don't like it when someones shows or proves them or their stance to be in error. So they respond instead of bowing to superior knowledge and acknowledging their mistake. Happens frequently in so many other venues.

Perhaps we can kinda help them along after the fact by saying something like, "That's understandable.. many people are not all that familiar with the law in this area. You're not alone". Maybe we can smooth them over and help them see our side a little better.

Just a thought.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I wonder how the idiot feels when he carries? I guess that is different. Maybe he calls the police on himself. He probably got his CHP (if he does have one) in an attempt to be a sheep in wolfs clothing.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

sccrref wrote:
    I wonder how the idiot feels when he carries? I guess that is different. Maybe he calls the police on himself. He probably got his CHP (if he does have one) in an attempt to be a sheep in wolfs clothing.
    A wolf in sheeps clothing?
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    sccrref wrote:
    That is the correct saying and I guess that you could apply it to CCers. The point I was making isthathe said he had a CHP and knew what the law was, then when he found out he didn't know the law, he stated that the OP OCing made him uncomfortable. Therefore he is a sheep in wolfs clothing.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

roger that
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    sccrref wrote:
    more like a "sheep in wolf's clothing, with another sheep costume layered on top."
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Eeyore wrote:
    ed wrote:
    sccrref wrote:
    more like a "sheep in wolf's clothing, with another sheep costume layered on top."

Layered in sheep dip, to boot.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    SNIP Perhaps we can kinda help them along after the fact by saying something like, "That's understandable.. many people are not all that familiar with the law in this area. You're not alone". Maybe we can smooth them over and help them see our side a little better.
    +5
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    He also told me that he was uncomfortable with me carrying.

Just tell him you were not inviting him to sit with you and that heCOULD go sit comfortably in the victim section if it made him FEEL any better, but in fact, you were uncomfortable with the lack of security and you would only agree to let him sit with you if he agreed to catch any stray bullets.

- Or -

You could have told him to up-size his panties and get over it....

(:celebrate:celebrate Don't you just love Monday morning Quarterbacks?? :celebrate:celebrate)

Post imported post

I'm a few seconds away from Rudee's and am surprised to see this... I guess, in the long run, you were better off at Rock's... their Caesar salad is much better, IMHO, although I will give the she-crab edge to Rudee's. Either way, If they don't want my money, I will take my business to Rock's instead.

Post imported post

I love the she crab soup at Rudees. I will be down that way next month and will be sure to stop by.

Post imported post

Due to irrational phobias, I still have yet to meet everyone, is anyone up for a dinner down at the south end of VB? -Dirty Dick's aside?

Post imported post

I've OCd at Dirty Dicks before with 0 problems. Hell I've OCd at Rudees before yesterday and didn't have any problems. How about an OC dining at Dirty Dicks and we'll take a pic to send to Rudees along with the total of the dinner tabs??

Centurion

Post imported post

Dennis O'Connor and I open carried at Rockafeller's on Thursday afternoon and had their lobster special. Excellent. No issues with carrying, either.

We also walked all around the Boardwalk and nearby streets, no problems.

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    When I asked to talk to the manager he told me that they called the police to see if it was legal and they were told it was.
    This is a success story! VA Beach dispatch told the bar it was legal and did not dispatch the SWAT Team, or even a single officer.

That calls for 3 dancing bananas:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable朼nd let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come 厖厖. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

I have been to Rudees many times and never once encountered such a problem.

That is really surprsing to hear....!!!!!

Sorry about to hear that...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

Could it be that tidewater-area police chiefs are finding it unpleasant to pay 搂1983 settlements and write "apology letters?"

Post imported post

VCDL President wrote:
    Dennis O'Connor and I open carried at Rockafeller's on Thursday afternoon and had their lobster special. Excellent. No issues with carrying, either.

Sunday when we were strolling the board walk we walked by three VA Beach officers and not a thing was said. Although it did get there attention.

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    VCDL President wrote:

Sunday when we were strolling the board walk we walked by three VA Beach officers and not a thing was said. Although it did get there attention.
    I cannot fault them for that. My attention is gotten when I see someone else carrying. Especially if I do not know them. I would be remiss in my vigilance if I did not pay them some extra attention as they obviously have the tool to do me harm up close or from a distance. I also do not exclude LEOs from this extra attention. With them, it is not as probable but you never know when they are having a bad day and reached the end of their rope.

Post imported post

danbus wrote:

I really just wish someone would get ahold of the business card to a good Psychiatrist, and when someone uses the "It makes me uncomfortable" line, just hand them the card and say "Here, Dr. McGillicutty is a expert who specializes in irrational phobias, maybe he can give you the help you so desperately need" and then go about your business.

Post imported post

Decoligny wrote:
    I really just wish someone would get ahold of the business card to a good Psychiatrist, and when someone uses the "It makes me uncomfortable" line, just hand them the card and say "Here, Dr. McGillicutty is a expert who specializes in irrational phobias, maybe he can give you the help you so desperately need" and then go about your business.

"I am a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist"
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Oh Oh Oh i am going to point this out before some beats me to it

WHY would he be uncomfortable if he carry s himself.... lol this is a great story thanks for shearing.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I am ashamed that someone who carry s them self even if it is concealed would be uncomfortable with someone carrying there fire arm in a safe manner following the law to the letter by OCing in a place that sells Alcohol which since he supposedly is a CHP holder he would know this.......

Plain out i agree with everyone in saying he was proven wrong and it hurt his pride, and he didn't wanna admit it what an *** **** lol

路路掳-掳 M酶r脽 掳-掳路路

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Decoligny wrote:

"I am a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist"
    I have to ask why is the FOX logo at the bottom lol........?

路路掳-掳 M酶r脽 掳-掳路路

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast