• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA Beach police called on me by Rudees Bar Manager.

sccrref

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
Dennis O'Connor and I open carried at Rockafeller's on Thursday afternoon and had their lobster special. Excellent. No issues with carrying, either.

We also walked all around the Boardwalk and nearby streets, no problems.
Sunday when we were strolling the board walk we walked by three VA Beach officers and not a thing was said. Although it did get there attention.
I cannot fault them for that. My attention is gotten when I see someone else carrying. Especially if I do not know them. I would be remiss in my vigilance if I did not pay them some extra attention as they obviously have the tool to do me harm up close or from a distance. I also do not exclude LEOs from this extra attention. With them, it is not as probable but you never know when they are having a bad day and reached the end of their rope.

Decoligny

imported post

danbus wrote:
Sorry to hear what happened. I too have been asked to leave the firearm in the car. I just tell them they won't get my business and leave.

I think it's comical when a person says it's "the law" and when they are proven wrong, they resort to "well I don't feel comfortable". They don't like the fact that they are wrong, so they pull out the child tactics.

I really just wish someone would get ahold of the business card to a good Psychiatrist, and when someone uses the "It makes me uncomfortable" line, just hand them the card and say "Here, Dr. McGillicutty is a expert who specializes in irrational phobias, maybe he can give you the help you so desperately need" and then go about your business.

AbNo

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
I really just wish someone would get ahold of the business card to a good Psychiatrist, and when someone uses the "It makes me uncomfortable" line, just hand them the card and say "Here, Dr. McGillicutty is a expert who specializes in irrational phobias, maybe he can give you the help you so desperately need" and then go about your business.

"I am a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist"

Morbid

imported post

Oh Oh Oh i am going to point this out before some beats me to it :)

WHY would he be uncomfortable if he carry s himself.... lol this is a great story thanks for shearing.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I am ashamed that someone who carry s them self even if it is concealed would be uncomfortable with someone carrying there fire arm in a safe manner following the law to the letter by OCing in a place that sells Alcohol which since he supposedly is a CHP holder he would know this.......

Plain out i agree with everyone in saying he was proven wrong and it hurt his pride, and he didn't wanna admit it what an *** **** lol

··°-° Mørß °-°··

Morbid

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Decoligny wrote:

I have to ask why is the FOX logo at the bottom lol........?

··°-° Mørß °-°··

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Morbid wrote:
Oh Oh Oh i am going to point this out before some beats me to it :)

WHY would he be uncomfortable if he carry s himself.... lol this is a great story thanks for shearing.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I am ashamed that someone who carry s them self even if it is concealed would be uncomfortable with someone carrying there fire arm in a safe manner following the law to the letter by OCing in a place that sells Alcohol which since he supposedly is a CHP holder he would know this.......

Plain out i agree with everyone in saying he was proven wrong and it hurt his pride, and he didn't wanna admit it what an *** **** lol

··°-° Mørß °-°··
I've heard a couple CHP holders say they only have them "in case they have to go to a bad part of town late at night" or "you don't have to carry that thing everywhere you go" You would also be suprised at how many gun owners hide there gun ownership like it's a crime or something.

caltain

imported post

I just say the following to the weenies that say they don't feel comfortable with me carrying...

"I don't feel that your personal comfort is equal to my personal safety. I'm sure you understand..."

Caltain

Then I go back about my business.

Infidel

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Decoligny wrote:

AbNo, that explains your OC name....AbNormal:D

DocDaddy

imported post

Infidel wrote:
AbNo wrote:
Decoligny wrote:

AbNo, that explains your OC name....AbNormal:D
I always thought it was in reference to the movie by Mel Brooks "Young Frankenstein"... Abby Normal... :lol:

hsmith

imported post

Morbid wrote:
AbNo wrote:
Decoligny wrote:

I have to ask why is the FOX logo at the bottom lol........?

··°-° Mørß °-°··
It is from one of the best shows ever Arrested Development!