Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: DNCC Insults Gun Owners – Bans firearms discussions from their town hall.

  1. #1
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964

    Post imported post





    The Democrat National Convention Committee (DNCC) has slapped gun owners in the face, banning firearms discussion on their town hall and equating firearms to illegal drugs and pornography.



    America's Town Hall - Terms and Conditions

    ... Submissions must not: .....(iii) contain profanity, pornographic, or sexual content, content promoting alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature, or any other offensive, obscene, or inappropriate content;....

    Town Hall terms and conditions link:

    http://www.demconvention.com/townhall-rules

    DNCC Townhall Link:

    http://www.demconvention.com/townhall/

    They name their town hall “America’s Town Hall” but this sure isn’t the America I love and have fought for! I think we really need an open carry event in Colorado during the Democratic National Convention. I know there are screwed up gun laws in Denver, so I leave it up to the good people of Colorado to devise an appropriate event.


    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    equating firearms to illegal drugs and pornography.
    is new-speak and double-think. We are many years past '1984' and drugs and porn cannot be but malum prohibitum, the demos' Achilles heel. "Wha', I knows it when I sees it or smell the Devil's brimstone!"

  3. #3
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Post imported post

    Typical!
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Castle Rock, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    779

    Post imported post

    I guess all they're allowed to talk about is trees and clean air...

    Unfortunately, the DNCC is being held right in Denver, so no OC allowed. CC would be kinda pointless. The next best thing would be empty holster protests.
    Any of us CO folks up to it? We could do a simple PRO 2A/PRO OC "get together"...not sure how it would be recieved by the Denver Gestapo tho....

  5. #5
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964

    Post imported post

    I thought a lot of the hotel rooms and some of the state delegation parties were being held outside of Denver because of the hotel room shortage. Sure would be cool to have a meet up at a state delegate party outside of Denver for a state like Texas.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    Once again, can someone tell me how the American Democrat Party can possibly, in any way, shape or form be construed to have any position other than being opposed to the protections of the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution?? Their position is clearly adversarial to such protections and to the SCOTUS ruling confirming it as an individual right.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  7. #7
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    Once again, can someone tell me how the American Democrat Party can possibly, in any way, shape or form be construed to have any position other than being opposed to the protections of the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution?? Their position is clearly adversarial to such protections and to the SCOTUS ruling confirming it as an individual right.
    No
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    Once again, can someone tell me how the American Democrat Party can possibly, in any way, shape or form be construed to have any position other than being opposed to the protections of the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution?? Their position is clearly adversarial to such protections and to the SCOTUS ruling confirming it as an individual right.
    They also are suppressing1A as well as 2A, maybe even a few other Articles of the Bill of Rights.

    And they dare call themselves DEMOCRATS.

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    Once again, can someone tell me how the American Democrat Party can possibly, in any way, shape or form be construed to have any position other than being opposed to the protections of the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution?? Their position is clearly adversarial to such protections and to the SCOTUS ruling confirming it as an individual right.
    They also are suppressing1A as well as 2A, maybe even a few other Articles of the Bill of Rights.

    And they dare call themselves DEMOCRATS.
    Unfortunately, to many politicos, words are just putty used to mislead...um...guide the recipient into a desired attitude.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  10. #10
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828

    Post imported post

    Thundar wrote:



    The Democrat National Convention Committee (DNCC) has slapped gun owners in the face, banning firearms discussion on their town hall and equating firearms to illegal drugs and pornography.



    America's Town Hall - Terms and Conditions

    ... Submissions must not: .....(iii) contain profanity, pornographic, or sexual content, content promoting alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature, or any other offensive, obscene, or inappropriate content;....

    Town Hall terms and conditions link:

    http://www.demconvention.com/townhall-rules

    DNCC Townhall Link:

    http://www.demconvention.com/townhall/

    They name their town hall “America’s Town Hall” but this sure isn’t the America I love and have fought for! I think we really need an open carry event in Colorado during the Democratic National Convention. I know there are screwed up gun laws in Denver, so I leave it up to the good people of Colorado to devise an appropriate event.

    Here is the question I would like to ask...

    In light of the recent US Supreme Court descion in the Heller case in support of the 2nd ammendment of the US Constitution and its affirmation of the PRE-EXISTING right to Keep and Bear Arms, especially for self-defense, What would the Democratic Candidate to be the NEXT President of the United States do about this?



    Me thinks the responce would in fact be political double speak if they even had the courage to address it....

    JoeSparky
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    I just thought about something. They've pretty much banned everything they have any interest in talking about.

    It's gonna be awfully quiet.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    433

    Post imported post

    i wonder how the messiah...the champion of 2A rights feels about this.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran Bookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,424

    Post imported post

    I sent one anyway.

    "How can something that bans questions concerning the only personal possession specifically mentioned in the Constitution be considered American?"
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas, USA
    Posts
    429

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    I just thought about something. They've pretty much banned everything they have any interest in talking about.

    It's gonna be awfully quiet.
    This is in keeping with the Demacratic Presidential Candidate's inability to address issues head on. If there's a discussion about the 2a or gun control, people will find out his true position and the mystery will be gone. It's pathetic. The DNCC is wisely if serrupticouslyprotecting him from being found out by the people.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    cccook wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    I just thought about something. They've pretty much banned everything they have any interest in talking about.

    It's gonna be awfully quiet.
    This is in keeping with the Demacratic Presidential Candidate's inability to address issues head on. If there's a discussion about the 2a or gun control, people will find out his true position and the mystery will be gone. It's pathetic. The DNCC is wisely if serrupticouslyprotecting him from being found out by the people.
    TOO LATE!!!!!

    He's already been found out by some of the people.

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas, USA
    Posts
    429

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    cccook wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    I just thought about something. They've pretty much banned everything they have any interest in talking about.

    It's gonna be awfully quiet.
    This is in keeping with the Demacratic Presidential Candidate's inability to address issues head on. If there's a discussion about the 2a or gun control, people will find out his true position and the mystery will be gone. It's pathetic. The DNCC is wisely if serrupticouslyprotecting him from being found out by the people.
    TOO LATE!!!!!

    He's already been found out by some of the people.
    I hope we'll be enough to stop him. I've spoken to too many uninformed people who are willing to vote for him because they like him. Oops... I guess this thread was really about the DNCC trying to stifle free speech during the coronation process. Let me just... focus,focus,focus...ding There, all better.

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    So..... what do you suppose they'll do if they can't talk about anything, set around the whole time singing Kum-ba-ya?



    :quirky

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas, USA
    Posts
    429

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    So..... what do you suppose they'll do if they can't talk about anything, set around the whole time singing Kum-ba-ya?



    :quirky
    Singing Kum-ba-ya is so much better when we all hold hands. We're talkin' "Change brother...CHANGE!" But I digress. :?

  19. #19
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Post imported post

    I want change. I want to be able to exercise my 2A rights anywhere I go in this great republic of ours. That's the change I want. Maybe if we could get that, all the liberals would not feel safe and leave. HUH?
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran Bookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,424

    Post imported post

    cccook wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    So..... what do you suppose they'll do if they can't talk about anything, set around the whole time singing Kum-ba-ya?



    :quirky
    Singing Kum-ba-ya is so much better when we all hold hands. We're talkin' "Change brother...CHANGE!" But I digress. :?
    Change is GOOD! Unless it's bad.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    rodbender wrote:
    I want change. I want to be able to exercise my 2A rights anywhere I go in this great republic of ours. That's the change I want. Maybe if we could get that, all the liberals would not feel safe and leave. HUH?
    Yeah, why don't they leave? I sure wouldn't object if they decided to pack their ditty bags and moved to another country more to their liking.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    263

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    rodbender wrote:
    I want change. I want to be able to exercise my 2A rights anywhere I go in this great republic of ours. That's the change I want. Maybe if we could get that, all the liberals would not feel safe and leave. HUH?
    Yeah, why don't they leave? I sure wouldn't object if they decided to pack their ditty bags and moved to another country more to their liking.
    Back in '04, a lot of them said they were going to move to Canada if Bush got reelected. They didn't, more broken promises.

  23. #23
    Newbie W.E.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    all over VA, ,
    Posts
    503

    Post imported post

    Democrats ban talk of guns at convention's "Town Hall"

    If you want to send in a submission to the "Town Hall" part of the
    Democratic Convention, you had best not be promoting gun ownership, as
    they classify that as offensive, obscene and inappropriate:

    http://www.demconvention.com/townhall-rules

    "... Submissions must not: ... (iii) contain ... content
    promoting ... firearms, or weapons, .. or any other offensive,
    obscene, or inappropriate content;...."

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    On the upside, as long as they stay true to the rules at hand as well, they can't talk about more ways to stifle free citizens who are legally allowed to own firearms . Of course, if they walk out side, then they talk, can't they?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •