• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From The New Guy

DEROS72

imported post

Thats what I mean about backing down .I understand he will not allow you to educate him on the law.But if one doesn,t stand his ground ,thats when you have lost.Because now he can intimidate anyone and you have reinforced in his mind he is right .I do get annoyed with some I have met that vehemently support something untill it may inconvenience them.

As a side note OT.I just went to my bank (which is open on Sunday) Stood at the counter with my bare Para ORdnance hanging out and no one seemed the slightest bit concerned.Which is the point.Everyone is used to seeing me ,know I'm not the bad guy so no one cares.If someone says something I will draw down on him with the very leathal OCDO pamphlet and police training bulletins.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Bookman, I think we all appreciate your input, and I also think you justearned a lot of points with those of us who have been on these boards longer, with your last post. Please don't think we're all ganging-up on you. Stick around a while and see how things work here. I think you'll find that we're mostly good guys/gals, and can learn a lot from each other. I know I've learned much in the time I've been here. Be encouraged to voice your opinions, and especially your questions. :D

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
SNIP Thats what I mean about backing down .I understand he will not allow you to educate him on the law.But if one doesn,t stand his ground ,thats when you have lost.Because now he can intimidate anyone and you have reinforced in his mind he is right .

I understand.

Realize, the show isn't over. The negative encounter is only Act I.

Once the OCer is out of his clutches, its time for Act II--the FOIA request.

Then comes Act III, the formal complaint.

All the world's a stage,

And all the men and women merely players;

--William Shakespeare.​