• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ranges in Spokane

thewise1

imported post

Gonna be in Spokane for a week or two on business, and my best friend in Spokane just picked up an XD-9, so we're hoping to hit up a range where all of our firearms are welcome. (AR-15, .22LR, and XD-9)

In Seattle the range I used to go to - Sams gun club - won't let me shoot centerfire rifles there unless I become a member, and I just can't justify that right now. I would love to find another one around here as well if anyone knows of one.

Nosrac

imported post

I love my XD9 service. Nice balance andgreat sight picture.I got rid of the creepy trigger and now it's almost a tack driver for me. Who woulda thunk a "combat" tupperware gun would shoot so well.

dlnwoody

imported post

+1 for the XD9 service. Even know I own the xd40 service, wife has the 9. Nosrac what type of trigger did you put on it.

thewise1

imported post

I, too, love the XD. I went to Sam's gun club awhile back and started sampling firearms... I know people like the glocks, but I couldn't hit a damn thing with them. Mind you I'm by no means an expert marksman or anything but I've been around the block with guns and I'm not that bad.

Tried the XD, shot like a 2" group at 25 feet first time I tried it. Love that thing, it just fits my hand so well.

Nosrac

imported post

thewise1 wrote:
I, too, love the XD. I went to Sam's gun club awhile back and started sampling firearms... I know people like the glocks, but I couldn't hit a damn thing with them. Mind you I'm by no means an expert marksman or anything but I've been around the block with guns and I'm not that bad.

Tried the XD, shot like a 2" group at 25 feet first time I tried it. Love that thing, it just fits my hand so well.

That was what sold me initially was how well it fit my hand. I get a real nice two hand thumbs forward fit on the service too.

Nosrac

imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
+1 for the XD9 service. Even know I own the xd40 service, wife has the 9. Nosrac what type of trigger did you put on it.

I started by polishing the sear group and a little touch up on the trigger bar. I was trying to get it so the sear wouldn't studder in slow motion triggering. I guess you can dry fire it a million times and get the same effect eventually but I like things working right from the beginning. I then replaced the safety lever witha Powder river Precision unit and put in a trigger stop to take out the overtravel. After that I put in lighter trigger and sear springs to lighten up that heavy pull.

It's sweet now and feels like I think it should. Don'ttell anybody but I get better groups with the XD 9 than withmy 1911. :shock:

David.Car

imported post

Or the Spokane Valley Rifle Club.

It is a little further to drive to, but it is only $5.00. It is a private property range, has stell targets permanently stationed out to 1,000 yards. Shoot anything you have there.