Thread: WHATS THE LATEST ON DICKSON DOZEN

Post imported post

Title says it all.

Where is everything standing on this one??

Banned

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Posted today by Pa. Patriot:
    Boring update:

Attorneys filed response to last defendant response.
    Court has scheduled a "scheduling conference".

IOW: The slow wheels are turning as expected. No real updated info as of now and probably not for some weeks to come.

Campaign Veteran
    On 7/6/2010 Karen Gallagher filed for Bankruptcy. This placed an "automatic stay" on the proceedings in this case in which she is a defendant. This week the plaintiff's attorney has filed paperwork with the Bankruptcy Court seeking this stay be lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    On 7/6/2010 Karen Gallagher filed for Bankruptcy. This placed an "automatic stay" on the proceedings in this case in which she is a defendant. This week the plaintiff's attorney has filed paperwork with the Bankruptcy Court seeking this stay be lifted.
    That stay was lifted on the 27th of September. I should add though that in order to get the stay lifted the plaintiffs had to agree to not seek anything from Gallagher.
    Last edited by GULCer; 10-22-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    Interesting, yet tedious reading (b/c IANAL). I wish it were in order by date rather than by alphabet order, it would make it just a little easier to follow.
    I can hardly believe the wheels of justice turn so slowly (oh wait, yes I can). This case is over two years old, and no resolution.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidell Jim View Post
    Interesting, yet tedious reading (b/c IANAL). I wish it were in order by date rather than by alphabet order, it would make it just a little easier to follow.
    I can hardly believe the wheels of justice turn so slowly (oh wait, yes I can). This case is over two years old, and no resolution.
    Nordyke is older I read all of the files and I do not agree with that magistrate, at all. Justice in this Country is being thwarted by the courts. It is near impossible to seek and obtain justice w/o tens of thousands of dollars and time. Even then, it may be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidell Jim View Post
    If you click on documents.html it is arranged in order through March. That site is great but obviously doesn't have all the documents. As of today there have been 151 filings in the case. If anyone wants one in particular just post in this thread and I will retrieve it/post it online for you.

Question

Bump.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

What is the current status of the suit?

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I wish I had a better answer, but it seems the municipality is continuing to delay, indefinitely, and I am unaware
    of any push to move things forward, on anyones part.

Here is the latest summary... http://forum.pafoa.org/1149767-post-2656.html

Please note that this summary is 2 years old. You are better of following the adventures of "Viper" (Mark Fiorino).
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Me too. Call it a six month bump up of BB62's bump up. It's been over four years now...any of the plaintiffs or other principals involved with the case croak yet? (Cities as defendants love it when that happens, I betcha the mayor might show up to the layout or council might send flowers.)
    Last edited by Brian D.; 09-22-2012 at 08:50 AM.