Thread: Open carry in and around Moraine OH

Post imported post

I was just wondering if anyone has OC'ed at any stores in or around Moraine OH
    (Wal-mart, Lowes, Dicks, Home depot, etc.) I just want to know who is friendly to the laws and who isn't. Thanks guys

Post imported post

Go find out for yourself.

It will be a learning experience. Just do your research and make sure that you are not violating any laws. Remember if you don't have a CHL in that you have to be at least 1000ft away from any school zones. Also, make sure that if you are transporting a pistol in your vehicle without a CHL that you have it unloaded and in the trunk with the ammunition kept separate and NO loaded mags. You are probably just better off walking though. A lot of these stupid laws can make your life a nightmare unless you have your permit. Oh yeah, and while you are at Wal-Mart buy a digital voice recorder so that you can cover your ass when encountering LEOs. Your word is nothing when put up against a LEO in the court of law. Such is the sad state of our country. Make sure you get that recorder. Have fun!

Post imported post

I do have my permit so having my sidearm loaded in a vehicle is not a problem for me. I was just curious if anyone had and bad experiences in this area?

Post imported post

Ask Lthrnck - he is from around Dayton.

Post imported post

Just do your research and make sure that you are not violating any laws. Remember if you don't have a CHL in that you have to be at least 1000ft away from any school zones.
    Where you get this info from................??? You have to bebreaking a law for the fed school zone reg to apply...........OCing is legal...

If that was the case , no way I could step outside my home and OC .........