• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

M1gnnrs Dream

Trigger Dr

imported post

C'mon Fred....a Big Bore Wheel gun and YOU call it a nightmare?

you just shot yourself in the mouth.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Bear 45/70

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
C'mon Fred....a Big Bore Wheel gun and YOU call it a nightmare?

you just shot yourself in the mouth.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
The biggest wheelgun I own is in .41 Magnum. If you need more than one shot above that you need to get a crewed field gun. My biggest bore pistol is a single shot, that's all I need with my true big bore. FYI, I know for a fact my 41 kills the deer we have around here, so why kill yourself and the target with multirounds of unnecessary power? Besides I am handicapped in my right hand and wrist.
rolleyes.gif

jarhead1911A

imported post

Bear your not broken your just mentally special ha ha ha ha god i think bill is still having wet dreams about that 500 but i have to say its a straight shooter.

Bear 45/70

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Bear your not broken your just mentally special ha ha ha ha god i think bill is still having wet dreams about that 500 but i have to say its a straight shooter.
No the wrist is really screwed up. The VA pays me for it every month. I've done the BFRs and the 500s and am just not interested in hurting everytime I pull the trigger anymore. When I was young I loved my 375HH but I must have out grown them. I'm not mentally special, you may call me a "Dysfunctional Veteran", thank you.
happy0198.gif

Bear 45/70

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
I am a functioning disfunctional vet to the point of sleeping with my guns......
If I functioned, I'm sure at least one of the three agency's paying me disability would quit. I'll stay dysfunctional, thank you. The economy is killing me bad enough as is, one less check would really screw me.
rolleyes.gif

jarhead1911A

imported post

Ya well i am still broken and i hope one day the VA gets off there dead ass's and actually start taking real care of those of us who gave all we had to give.

Bear 45/70

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Ya well i am still broken and i hope one day the VA gets off there dead ass's and actually start taking real care of those of us who gave all we had to give.
It is about a 1000 times better than it was in the 70s. I know that from personal experience.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Sweet !! Thanks Jarhead.....

Nofoa - yes those are shotgun hulls I am standing on. I take it you've never been to "the pit" in the Capitol Forest in Olympia??

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
I'm holding out for the S&W 500 derringer....:p

Don't joke about that. My hand hurts just thinking about it. I've shot both the 4" and the 8-3/8" version of the Smith 500, and while both were easy to tell when the cartridge ignited, the 4" was DEFINITELY less comfortable. Although, both were nothing compared to the worst-recoiling handgun I've ever shot:

Enter the American Derringer "Alaskan Survival" model. There's nothing like touching off a round of .45/70 in an 18-oz. pistol, TRUST ME. A nice gentleman at the range I worked at had one among his Amer. Derringer Model 1 collection, and offered me the chance to shoot it, which I did. After the first shot, I was too prideful to give the gun back with a loaded round still left in it, so I put my shooting glasses back on straight, picked up my ear protection from 8'behind me, andmy dumb ass thumbed back the hammer once again. I didn't hit anything, besides my pain-toleranceceiling, and handed the gun back to the owner, thanking him for hiskindness and askingfor his address , where Iwas planning toforward thebill frommy physician. My hand hurt for a full 2 weeks, and my right arm was sore for 5 days. So, gentleman, a 500 really ain't all that bad.