• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lapeer County

mzbk2l

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
The sheriff seems to be onboard with OC, but seems to think it should be limited to certain areas. At least that is what i get from it. They have a beautiful park right at the S.E. corner of M24 and Gennessee (spellcheck) rds. Right smack dab "in" the city. Picnic anyone?
We had a couple of family reunions at that park back in the early 80s. It was a fun place for a 10-year-old to run around, what with the river running through, the old steel beam bridge taking Monroe St. over the river (since replaced with more modern concrete), and the RR tracks running through the back side.

I didn't spend much time with family, but I sure had a blast running around in that park! :)

warlockmatized

imported post

I am available either day, will have two extra bodies. Put me down for pop, ice water, and ice.

As for a "log" vote, i vote anything BUT blue berry, as i am allergic. Peach, cherry, banana, pine apple, ANYTHING that won't kill me hahaha.

Might i also suggest the list from page one of the Warren thread be copied and used as a template to keep track of everything.

ruger45

imported post

it looks like sunday might be better jerry said he already has plans for the other day and 100 is good for us i got hotdogs and buns covered

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Sunday, August 31, 2008, Lapeer County Picnic

Supply List

Grill -SpringerXDacp
Dogs/Buns -SpringerXDacp, Mr & MrsRuger45
Brats/Buns - Hidehunter
Burgers/Buns - SpringerXDacp
Potato Salad - Mr & MrsRuger45
A Dessert -:(
Chips -SQLtables
Condiments -SpringerXDacp
Cooler - Warlockmatized
Ice - Warlockmatized
Water -SpringerXDacp, Warlockmatized
Pop -SpringerXDacp, Warlockmatized
Napkins/P-Towells - Generaldet
Paper Plates - Generaldet
Plastic Ware - Generaldet
Video Camera/Camera -
Signs -

Paper handouts -

Shirts -
Horseshoes - Thway

Confirmed Attendees

Hidehunter
LaVere
Warlockmatized +2
SpringerXDacp
DavinWest1911
THway
Generaldet +1
maeqFREEDOMfree +2
ruger45
MrsRuger45 Dougwg
SQLtables +1.5

Possible attendees

DanM
Smellslikemichigan
DodgeThisSpringfield +1

Please let me know ASAP if you will/may attend the Lapeer Picnic and what it is you can bring (See Supply List).

DanM

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Confirmed Attendees
DanM
Keep me as tentative. The missus and Iwill be there, unless family invites us to something on short notice. Family comes first, as you know. But, I consider my affiliation with this group important.

WARCHILD

imported post

Sure, invite him. Education and support is what we're looking for. Even if he has negative views on the issue, maybe we can help change his mind.

btw: It will be the "Peach Log" this time. Is this ok with everyone?