• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lapeer County

MrsRuger45

imported post

We also had a good time at the pit shooting after. Myself, I only shot video & pictures! :p Warlockmatized & the Mrs got to play with some big toys that belong to some other guys there. I'm just waiting on permission from the involved parties to post their videos & then I'll post the links here.

warlockmatized

imported post

MrsRuger45 wrote:
We also had a good time at the pit shooting after. Myself, I only shot video & pictures! :p Warlockmatized & the Mrs got to play with some big toys that belong to some other guys there. I'm just waiting on permission from the involved parties to post their videos & then I'll post the links here.
Feel free to post ANYTHING you have of myself, my family, and relatives.

ruger45

imported post

had fun today food was good.then i had to go to the pit and blast off some rounds to take out my fustratoins cause i did not get any fruit log.lol.:dude::D

warlockmatized

imported post

The picnic was great. The one parishioner i spoke with over the pavilion mix up was very nice. He was not bothered at all by my gun being in plain view. He himself confessed to being a CPL holder. Even the gentleman i spoke with regarding moving our gathering right next to his little family picnic was pleasant.

For as great as the picnic was "the pit" was even better. Ran into my friend Frank there. He owns the local army surplus store in Lapeer. He was there with all kinds of full auto toys. From M16's to crazy @$$ modified full auto Glock.

Dougwg was NOT shy in sharing his collection of toys neither. All kinds of different revolvers, and even a very nice Desert Eagle. I would like to thank you VERY much Doug!!!

Michigander

imported post

I LOVE that store. I go there each and every time I go to the pit, provided they're open. Better prices than Walmart with a 40x better selection. :cool:

Frank is quite a character. Making a living off NFA guns and fireworks isa rather enviable lifestyle. Especially since he has such an extensive NFA collection.

DanM

imported post

Sorry, the missus and I couldn't make it this time. Out of solidarity with you, however, I OC'd todayon my own for the first time. Will post about it in the "open carry experiences" sticky.

I'm tentative for Flint, and hope to see everyone there.

Again, anyone who wishes to exchange mobile phone numbers with me, please PM me.

hidehunter

imported post

I had a great time at the picnic. Met a lot of friendly people. Wish I could remember all their names.:shock:

Sure would like to have had some fruit log..................Whats fruit log?

Hidehunter:D

warlockmatized

imported post

hidehunter wrote:
I had a great time at the picnic. Met a lot of friendly people. Wish I could remember all their names.:shock:

Hidehunter:D
It was GREAT to meet you and converse with you Hide. Hope to see you at future gatherings.

I haven't forgot about you Randy. Randy once again cooked his tail off. Sorry if it seemed like we didn't talk much this time Randy. WILL make up for it in Flint!

:celebrate

WARCHILD

imported post

I guess I'll never hear the end of this one.:uhoh:I sure wish I could have been there. I know you all had a lot more fun than I did. Keep in mind, waiting for the next one(s) will make it taste that much better. I feel so bad, maybe I can talk the wife into making 3 of them so there is sure to be enought to go around. How about, apple, peach and blueberry for the charity event? Will that put me back in the front of the bus?

ruger45

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

I guess I'll never hear the end of this one.:uhoh:I sure wish I could have been there. I know you all had a lot more fun than I did. Keep in mind, waiting for the next one(s) will make it taste that much better. I feel so bad, maybe I can talk the wife into making 3 of them so there is sure to be enought to go around. How about, apple, peach and blueberry for the charity event? Will that put me back in the front of the bus?

we are just pulling you chain and getting you worked up.but i think one log per familly who showed up today will be good.!!!:celebrate

WARCHILD

imported post

but i think one log per familly who showed up today will be good.!!!

I know, I can take some ribbing. But how about my left leg and my first born instead? :dude:

warlockmatized

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
but i think one log per familly who showed up today will be good.!!!

I know, I can take some ribbing. But how about my left leg and my first born instead? :dude:
LoL

Log aside Jerry, your absence was felt. Myself, Randy, and others commented on how "weird" it was to be there without you and Brian.

ruger45

imported post

o.k i will leave it alone.but you was missed not being their.we will see you in flint and you missed my wife o.cing for the first time:)

ruger45

imported post

also my hat off to the cook of the day good job and you are hired.and thank you doug for leting me shoot some of your guns that was real nice of you.

MrsRuger45

imported post

I've been able to post 5 videos of members shooting at the pit so far on You Tube. I have 22 videos & it is not a quick process. I'll work on them more tomorrow. For now I have ruger45, Warlockmatized, his wife & his daughter and some of the guys playing horseshoes at the picnic.

Here is the link to ruger45's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTzDICpoR3U

from there you can go to the right side & click on something like "more videos from this user".

THway

imported post

Well... I had alot of fun. the food was great. The drive not so much. I am looking forward to some more outings in the future. Even my +1.5 had a blast............. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

P.S.

FRUIT LOG 4 THE WIN!!!111