• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ranges in Wilmington

ilikeglocks

imported post

Hey

Marylander (don't remind me) here, visiting significant other in Wilmington over Labor Day holiday and looking for something to do on Friday while she's at work. Are there any good ranges. Have not open carried in NC yet, but do CC using a reciprocal permit Would like to shoot my G19 and 22, 92FS, and hopefully, if its back from repair, my 1911. If they have a 25 or 50 yard lane that I could do some sighting in on my AR, that wouldn't be bad either.

-Brian

POORBOY

imported post

if thats to far check out shooters choice on gordon road its at gordon and market behind the wilco gas station seems like i used to pay 20 or 25 bucks to shoot all day

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

The range here in Havelock is about 2 hours from Wilmington, but so far it's the only range I've found in the area that I enjoy. It is a relaxed atmosphere that assumes you know what you're doing. If it turns out you don't, you leave. Pretty simple. There's a pistol side, a rifle side (up to 200 yds), and a "CQB" area where you can get up close and personal with your targets, and also shoot clay. It's all outdoors.

I doubt you'll want to make the drive, but if you happen to decide to, I'll join ya! It's B&R Gun Range in Havelock, NC.

ilikeglocks

imported post

I ended up going to Shooters Choice. Not bad .. they had reasonble range fees, reasonable ammo, were friendly, and didn't charge for rentals of ears and eyes.

That and my Glock 19 shot some nice holes.

-Brian

POORBOY

imported post

glad you enjoyed yourself i've spent alot of mone in there. from my 17hmr rifle to a small load of handguns ,shooting, and my most favorite that stainless scope on top of that BIG 44 lol. Anyhow glad you had a good time in my old stompin grounds

Aeroscoper

imported post

Shooters choice is decent, the overweight guy in there is a real prick though, the rest are decent folk.

My dad lives in Montgomery Co. I grew up in Ellicott City. I hear PG co. is going down hill fast, as well as Baltimore.

Move down here, life is good.

eclipse13

imported post

The 'overwieght guy' is Ricky. My friend does welding to Shooter's Choice and claims that he is a very nice guy. However, I've had the same experience you have with him. The other few guys, and the one lady, are all very nice. I've been going there for a few years now and I like it.