• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

.40 Cal = 7 cops in an open carry state.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Can't believe this happened in New Mexico. 'Must be recruiting POPO's in California.

Whatever... SUE THEIR ASSES OFF!

Vegassteve

imported post

hsmith wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
What department were these officers from?
What was the name of the theater? Manager? Officer in charge?

Your lack of details disturbs me...
I hope he has them, but posting them would be bad news if he wanted to pursue anything.

No it would not. If you followed any of the threads from Virg or Penn where they had bad encounters they posted EVERYTHING and it did not hurt the case. There are too many of these posts where someone claims something but has no details. Yet everyone jumps right in trying to help. He went through all this trouble to post yet left out any real details. Just the name of the theatre would be enough to end my doubt because then we could write and call them to get the policy changed. This is just another BS story.

Vegassteve

imported post

Aran wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:
cccook wrote:
How embarrassing. Hope we don't loose him. :(

It is LOSE not loose. I hate that.

Actually, it works this time.

Loose Loose, n.

1. Freedom from restraint. [Obs.]

--Prior.
2. A letting go; discharge. .
No it does not work in this case. As we were not holding him.The post wasabout him going away on his own.People use loose all the time when they mean lose. It is wrong.

sraacke

imported post

QUOTE- 2. Did I realize that there where children present at the theater.-UNQUOTE

Can I jump in here to say how much I HATE this excuse? It really steams me when politicians, LEO or anyone else try to use children like this.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You people are amazing!

Who cares what the "details" are? You people as well as on Calguns all jump the gun and want people to tell their life stories when they have an encounter. Continuing to jump all over people that come here with an account will only make them not want to come.

He isn't asking for money. He isn't asking for information on how to sue. All he was doing is telling a story.

Lighten up people.

Vegassteve

imported post

Theseus wrote:
You people are amazing!

Who cares what the "details" are?

Because this is the WWW anyone can make up a story. If we want to see OC become common then we can not have folks just telling stories with little truth to them. Otherwise we are no better than the idiots who were duped into having a press conference for bigfoot.

Jizzzle

imported post

I have been working guys as to why i haven't been back to this thread. Like i said active duty military, i can't get back to a computer all the time cause im on weird ass shifts. and i do have copies the police reports and no i'm not going to post them here. but, i am speaking to the on base lawyers about this. so.. anyway. I just wanted to get all of your spin on this since u all have much much much more experience with it than i do. i just joined the site yesterday and have been reading as much as i can but its a lot to take in all at once.

Jizzzle

imported post

Oh, and thanks for all the help so far guys. I want to resolve this the best way possible. I'm not all about nailing anyone to the wall... well besides the cop with the redundancy issue.. that dude was annoying for no reason.

snake021

imported post

Jizzle wrote:
...i am speaking to the on base lawyers about this. ...

If you're talking about JAG, forget it. Get yourself a real lawyer if you want to pursue this. It's a civilian matter anyway.

I don't care what they claim, JAG isn't about helping GI's.

Jizzzle

imported post

But, I'd like to get some actual free legal advice if at all possible. I'm elisted.. and married... i don't make a whole lot to actually go pay someone a couple hundred an hour to listen to me to tell me that i don't actually have a case.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
Theseus wrote:
You people are amazing!

Who cares what the "details" are?
Because this is the WWW anyone can make up a story. If we want to see OC become common then we can not have folks just telling stories with little truth to them. Otherwise we are no better than the idiots who were duped into having a press conference for bigfoot.
And all those things will tell us is that he was questioned on what day, and where. . . It will do nothing to verify the story itself. . . only that a story did happen.

mobeewan

imported post

Don't forget to also add the illegal search of your trunk. Why do you think they insisted putting it in the trunk for you and were standing there to make sure you put it in a hidden place. You are lucky they didn't immediately get you for concealing a firearm when you hid it in the trunk.

Personally I would have demanded my money back for the ticket and any refreshments thatwere purchasedand then left after getting the money back.

My dad was stationed at Hollomon in the late 60's. He was assigned to the missile test program for the SRAM missle. We lived on West Mitchell Ave on base. I loved the scouting campouts at White Sands & near Cloudcroft when I was in the Webloes. Never did get to go to Carlsbad Caverns.:(

Dustin

imported post

Jizzle wrote:
The cop on my left asks me why I am carrying a handgun in public. I respond "because it's my right to".
This was one of the many times during this whole situation you shot yourself in the foot.

You should have said,

Officer I'd like to phone my lawyer NOW, and I am not willing to say another word.

Then you could have sat there QUIET until they eventually LEFT you alone, b/c you did nothing wrong or arrested you (Not Going to Happen).

Eitherway You NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE.

THis is why most OCer's dislike LEO's. Doesn't matter how friendly you think they might be, If they get hauled into court to testify to something you might have said, you can bet that if it's their nutts on the chopping block, your going down before they do.

NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE - Watch this too, it will help you understand somethings.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4097602514885833865

Jizzzle

imported post

Just an update, I have an appointment scheduled with 2 civil rights lawyers for tomorrow and early next week. I was hesitant to do anything like this. I get mad when i hear about the person who burnt themselves on the coffee and sue starbucks/mcdonalds for millions. But, after talking to you guys and a whole lot of other experienced people. I'm going to push the issue.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Theseus wrote:
You people are amazing!

Who cares what the "details" are? You people as well as on Calguns all jump the gun and want people to tell their life stories when they have an encounter. Continuing to jump all over people that come here with an account will only make them not want to come.

He isn't asking for money. He isn't asking for information on how to sue. All he was doing is telling a story.

Lighten up people.
Quit.