Thread: Metro detroit CCW class recommendations

Post imported post

I'm planning on getting the ball rolling on my ccw and was wondering if any of you had a recommendation of where/with whom I should take the class. I found the instructor listing on MCRGO but that still left alot of choices and the prices didn't seem to vary too much. I also live in wayne county, and I dont really feel like waiting as long as it is taking these days. I could possibly temporarily switch my residence to Ingham county(my girlfriend lives there), and was wondering if this was a) legal b) beneficial and c) could this cause me problems down the road, ie would I have to renew in Ingham county for the rest of the time I have a CCW. thanks?

Post imported post

My wife, her mom, dad, brother, and cousin took ours at the Detroit Sportsmen's Congress. I think it was $95 for the course, and an additional $25 forthe range, ammunition, and gun use (no additional charge if you bring your own gun & ammunition). Class was good, and the instructors were pretty knowledgable.

Post imported post

I forgot. I took the class there as well.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

i took mine from ultimate protection academy at the gander mountain in port huron (they have classes all over michigan)
    http://www.ccwtraining.com/
    i was very pleased with the professionalism. they didn't just wave a magic wand for everyone to pass. they actually made several people return for remedial if they didn't pass the range.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I am also going to be taking my cpl class hopefully in the next week or two. I picked up some info at gander mountain regarding www.americanfirearmstraining.com the classes are held at gander mtn. This is where I'll be taking mine.