• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Metro detroit CCW class recommendations

cmdio

imported post

I'm planning on getting the ball rolling on my ccw and was wondering if any of you had a recommendation of where/with whom I should take the class. I found the instructor listing on MCRGO but that still left alot of choices and the prices didn't seem to vary too much. I also live in wayne county, and I dont really feel like waiting as long as it is taking these days. I could possibly temporarily switch my residence to Ingham county(my girlfriend lives there), and was wondering if this was a) legal b) beneficial and c) could this cause me problems down the road, ie would I have to renew in Ingham county for the rest of the time I have a CCW. thanks?

jfrenchudm

imported post

My wife, her mom, dad, brother, and cousin took ours at the Detroit Sportsmen's Congress. I think it was $95 for the course, and an additional $25 forthe range, ammunition, and gun use (no additional charge if you bring your own gun & ammunition). Class was good, and the instructors were pretty knowledgable.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

i took mine from ultimate protection academy at the gander mountain in port huron (they have classes all over michigan)
http://www.ccwtraining.com/
i was very pleased with the professionalism. they didn't just wave a magic wand for everyone to pass. they actually made several people return for remedial if they didn't pass the range.