Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting reaction at my favorite safeway..

Post imported post

I have mentioned many times about OC at the safeway ,bank and starbucks which I visit many times a week for a coffee and a paper.They all see me ,the manager and security guard know who I am etc..Except the new checker.I stopped this afternoon for a coffee after a dental appt.The gal that always gets my coffee sort of smiled and said "you know this new checker was running around telling everyone there was a man in the store with a gun."He ran up to the starbucks and asked what do we do there's man with a gun.? She said Oh that guy,he comes in almost every morning for coffee." should I get the manager.I guess he ran to the manager kind of upset and asked the same thing.He asked what do we do there was a man with a gun in here?? The manager I guess from whatI gathered, hesaid well, we do nothing he's a good customer. All this seemed to have taken place after I leftyesterday .But today after the girl at starbucks told me this I gave her a pamphlet to give the guy so he doesn,t have a coniption next time.AS I left the security guard smiled and nodded and that was that.I found it somewhat humorous because I was totally unaware that this was going on and no one else in the store even cares.Also after my trip to the dentist I was walking around Seatac commons OC.Didn,t seem to bother anyone I am aware of.Walked out the door and almost bumed into 2 Federal Officers They barely even took a second look.Although I think they were there looking for someone else.

Is that better? ,I can,t seem to make anyone happy today........

Post imported post

Deros72,

With all due respect, you'd be better off not messing with the font--the default provided is quite readable, the large, bold, italic thing is anything but.

Post imported post

Honestly, I had no problem reading the larger blue font. This is now almost unreadable.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    [the OP]

Great story!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    Is that better? ,I can,t seem to make anyone happy today........
    Actually, I was saying there was nothing wrong with the original version.

I thought the story was great and enjoyed reading it. I'd even wager that little Chihuahua of an employee probably moved here from Kalifornia and expected you to shoot the place up like a Gangsta! :P
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Deros,

What if you just type in your text w/o doing anything to change the font? Don't change the typeface, don't change the size, don't put it in italics, just hit the New Topic button and start typing.

That's what almost everyone else does, and it works as readable for the great majority of readers.

Post imported post

Seems to be alot of worrying about the font I use.Kind of simpleminded.....

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    It's really annoying when people use weird fonts on internet forums. It's optimized for readability by default.

Post imported post

So How's this work for ya?

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    So How's this work for ya?
    Works okay for me.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    Don't be a ass, it is harder to read.:X

Post imported post

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
    DEROS72 wrote:
    Don't be a ass, it is harder to read.:X

Post imported post

If you make it all in yellow it is easier to read! :celebrate

Good story, by the way!

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    Kind of simpleminded.....
    If the words don't have impact, changing the color or font won't change that.

'Nuff said.

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:
    If you make it all in yellow it is easier to read! :celebrate

Good story, by the way!
    No, yellow makes it faster to read, not easier ... :P
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I just could not resist

But anyway, I have metyou before, and you do not look like a threat at all. But a reallt nice guy.if he had time to run around asking people what to do about a man with a gun. if he was really concern he could have just ran out the door.

Post imported post

Probably a young sheeple in training. He just didnt know how to handle himself, hopefully you can see him next time and say hello.

Post imported post

Thanks Always packin,
    It was also a peasure meeting you and your family.By the way are you overseas now?
    I just got back from the safeway and irfner joined me for coffee .The gal at the starbucks was all over getting her CPL and had many questions.She was very exited about going tomorrow and applying.Also talking with 2 Demoines officers this morning.One was reading the pamphlet insisting he could cite me if someone was mad at me and said I displayed a weapon for intimidation even if properly holstered.The other guy seemed not to be bothered by OC.They are good guys but seem to interpret differently.As usual no at safewayor starbucks seemed bothered by us and that is as it should be.I didn,t see the kid that was upset theotherdayP.S. Watch out for the font nazi.on this thread.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Good story, and yes there are a lot of people who have a hard time reading certain fonts and typefaces. There is a reason certain types of fonts and layouts have become standardized. I'd relax, if a bunch of people say they have a hard time reading your post it's probably a sign your font is not legible to them. Not everyone has the same eyes you know...

Post imported post

I can't read that yellow font. I don't like italics either. But that's just me.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    I can't read that yellow font. I don't like italics either. But that's just me.
    The yellow just washes out into the white with my old eyes.:?

Post imported post

Deros, great story.

Windows OS users, hold down the ctrl key and scroll your mouse wheel a bit. The font will grow bigger (no excitement needed).

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    Deros, great story.

Windows OS users, hold down the ctrl key and scroll your mouse wheel a bit. The font will grow bigger (no excitement needed).
    I never cease to be amazed at how much I DON'T know about computers. Thanks for the tip!

Post imported post

I hope a BG does wear all yellow around you guys. You might miss him completly. JK.

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    One was reading the pamphlet insisting he could cite me if someone was mad at me and said I displayed a weapon for intimidation even if properly holstered.
    One can't read. If you take .270 in its entirety, which you need to do to get whole meaning, the only way the carrying of a pistol openly in a holster could be citation worthy would be if verbal threats accompanied the open carry. I suspect that our Rhodes Scholar got hung up on the phrase "(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm,..." without reading the remainder of the law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast