• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting reaction at my favorite safeway..

DEROS72

imported post

[align=left] I have mentioned many times about OC at the safeway ,bank and starbucks which I visit many times a week for a coffee and a paper.They all see me ,the manager and security guard know who I am etc..Except the new checker.I stopped this afternoon for a coffee after a dental appt.The gal that always gets my coffee sort of smiled and said "you know this new checker was running around telling everyone there was a man in the store with a gun."He ran up to the starbucks and asked what do we do there's man with a gun.? She said Oh that guy,he comes in almost every morning for coffee." should I get the manager.I guess he ran to the manager kind of upset and asked the same thing.He asked what do we do there was a man with a gun in here?? The manager I guess from whatI gathered, hesaid well, we do nothing he's a good customer. All this seemed to have taken place after I leftyesterday .But today after the girl at starbucks told me this I gave her a pamphlet to give the guy so he doesn,t have a coniption next time.AS I left the security guard smiled and nodded and that was that.I found it somewhat humorous because I was totally unaware that this was going on and no one else in the store even cares.Also after my trip to the dentist I was walking around Seatac commons OC.Didn,t seem to bother anyone I am aware of.Walked out the door and almost bumed into 2 Federal Officers They barely even took a second look.Although I think they were there looking for someone else.

Is that better? ,I can,t seem to make anyone happy today........
[/align]

kparker

imported post

Deros72,

With all due respect, you'd be better off not messing with the font--the default provided is quite readable, the large, bold, italic thing is anything but.

just_a_car

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
[align=left]Is that better? ,I can,t seem to make anyone happy today........[/align]
Actually, I was saying there was nothing wrong with the original version.

I thought the story was great and enjoyed reading it. I'd even wager that little Chihuahua of an employee probably moved here from Kalifornia and expected you to shoot the place up like a Gangsta! :p

kparker

imported post

Deros,

What if you just type in your text w/o doing anything to change the font? Don't change the typeface, don't change the size, don't put it in italics, just hit the New Topic button and start typing.

That's what almost everyone else does, and it works as readable for the great majority of readers.

DEROS72

imported post

Seems to be alot of worrying about the font I use.Kind of simpleminded.....

thewise1

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Seems to be alot of worrying about the font I use.Kind of simpleminded.....
It's really annoying when people use weird fonts on internet forums. It's optimized for readability by default.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I just could not resist

But anyway, I have metyou before, and you do not look like a threat at all. But a reallt nice guy.if he had time to run around asking people what to do about a man with a gun. if he was really concern he could have just ran out the door.

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks Always packin,
It was also a peasure meeting you and your family.By the way are you overseas now?
I just got back from the safeway and irfner joined me for coffee .The gal at the starbucks was all over getting her CPL and had many questions.She was very exited about going tomorrow and applying.Also talking with 2 Demoines officers this morning.One was reading the pamphlet insisting he could cite me if someone was mad at me and said I displayed a weapon for intimidation even if properly holstered.The other guy seemed not to be bothered by OC.They are good guys but seem to interpret differently.As usual no at safewayor starbucks seemed bothered by us and that is as it should be.I didn,t see the kid that was upset theotherdayP.S. Watch out for the font nazi.on this thread.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Good story, and yes there are a lot of people who have a hard time reading certain fonts and typefaces. There is a reason certain types of fonts and layouts have become standardized. I'd relax, if a bunch of people say they have a hard time reading your post it's probably a sign your font is not legible to them. Not everyone has the same eyes you know...