• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Elderly Woman Grabs Gun, Holds Would-Be Burglar At Bay

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LAKE LYNN, Pa. -- An 85-year-old great-grandmother from Lake Lynn, Fayette County kept an alleged burglar at bay using a .22-caliber pistol.

According to police, a 17-year-old suspect was attempting to burglarize Leda Smith overnight.

That's when Smith grabbed her gun and told the teen that she would shoot him if he moved, police said.

"I had the gun on him before he turned around and said, 'you've had it,' " Smith told Channel 11-News.

According to police, Smith ordered the boy to dial 911 and then gave him some advice.

"Dial 911 and don't attempt to throw the phone at me, or do anything bad or i'll just shoot you," Smith said.

When police arrived, they took the teen into custody.

Charges have been filed against the boy and an alleged accomplice.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/17223812/detail.html

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That old dog still got her fangs, ain't she. At least the kid had sense enough not to push his luck. But that's probably about all he had, or he wouldn't have been burglarizing in the first place.

Score another one for the sheepdogs. :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

MetalChris

imported post

That's awesome! I wonder if the 911 call went something like this...

"Hi, I'm like totally trying to rob this woman, but she has a gun and made me call 911 on myself."

LOL!!

SlackwareRobert

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
That's awesome! I wonder if the 911 call went something like this...

"Hi, I'm like totally trying to rob this woman, but she has a gun and made me call 911 on myself."

LOL!!
Can that be used as a confession? After all she isn't a LEO so there is no miranda
issue.....:idea:

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The antigunners have to hate great stories like this one. It lets the air out of their arguments. Way to go Leda! You're a great American.

MetalChris

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Here is an interview with her on Good Morning America. Parts of the 911 tapes are played. I found it most interesting that it took the police 15-20 minutes, according to her, to get there after she made the call.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5624650
Dumbass wrote:
There's a ma'am here and she thinks I broke into her house but I didn't

Too bad he didn't give her a reason to shoot him...he needs to be taken out of the gene pool.
ETA: It amazes me that the cops would disarm her when they arrived. God knows that lady was a huuuuuuuge threat to law enforcement. What a complete and utter lack of common sense.