• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Phony guards steal from bank customers

compmanio365

imported post

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/27118284.html

By Associated Press

TIGARD, Ore. (AP) - Tigard police say two men dressed as security guards fooled a pair of bank customers into giving them deposits.

Police spokesman Jim Wolf says the phony guards stood outside a night deposit slot at the Wells Fargo Bank at 9200 S.W. Washington Square Road onFriday eveningand and told the victims it was out of order. The men offered to take the money and make the deposits when the bank reopened.

Wolf says the men wore uniforms and had badges and guns. The night deposit slot was covered by a sign saying it was out of service.

Police learned of the crimes when a business contacted the branch to ask about its deposit.

The bank says it has never had a problem with the slot.

Police askedanyone who may have observed the suspects in the area of the bank to call (503) 639-6168.

[line]

I dunno about you, but I'm not giving my deposit to some rent-a-cop at my bank, no matter how official they look.......I'll simply go to another branch or come back in the morning.......I wonder what the 2 guys reaction would have been had someone coming to make a deposit had been OCing?