• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hey Dukester

Tawnos

imported post

I'm not Dukester, but I'm also not seeing what point you are trying to make. Seems that Obama wants to continue to pursue START III, CTBT, as well as start honoring the ABM treaty which the US unilaterally withdrew from in 2002.

His Iraq policy doesn't seem to be "just turn around and go home," but instead that "we will go home and not just jabber about it while it's never "the right time."

Moreover, the "promise" (yeah, it's a politician) is to cut spending on the bloated security budget. Even as an engineer with family and friends who are defense contractors, this doesn't seem a bad thing to my conservative side. The only issue is that I'm sure those dollars won't be returned to us, the People, but instead will be rolled into a new social program. Should that not occur, and the money instead be used towards national deficit reduction (true reduction, not the current state of "reduced" meaning "from projected losses of last year"), I'd be very happy.

I've yet to see him take up the anti-2A flag, as I think the Democrats have realized that it's a losing move to stoke that fire. Hell, I'm more concerned that the ACLU still has its head in its ass about the issue. What's the fear, again?

nathan

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
I've yet to see him take up the anti-2A flag, as I think the Democrats have realized that it's a losing move to stoke that fire. Hell, I'm more concerned that the ACLU still has its head in its ass about the issue. What's the fear, again?
Obama says he supports the 2nd amendment but he will SAY anything to get elected. He history proves he would make us all criminals tomorrow if he could.

• Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
  • Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
  • Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

OBAMA: I think it is a scandal that this president did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban.
Source: Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes Oct 21, 2004

Bear 45/70

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
I'm not Dukester, but I'm also not seeing what point you are trying to make. Seems that Obama wants to continue to pursue START III, CTBT, as well as start honoring the ABM treaty which the US unilaterally withdrew from in 2002.

His Iraq policy doesn't seem to be "just turn around and go home," but instead that "we will go home and not just jabber about it while it's never "the right time."

Moreover, the "promise" (yeah, it's a politician) is to cut spending on the bloated security budget. Even as an engineer with family and friends who are defense contractors, this doesn't seem a bad thing to my conservative side. The only issue is that I'm sure those dollars won't be returned to us, the People, but instead will be rolled into a new social program. Should that not occur, and the money instead be used towards national deficit reduction (true reduction, not the current state of "reduced" meaning "from projected losses of last year"), I'd be very happy.

Get this, osama wants to violate my Constitutional Rights, which makes him a threat to every man, woman and child in this country. The rest of his mouths are as big a lie as his dismissing his religious affiliation with a radical racist church for years with, "I didn't know." which was another lie and then the are the questions of whether he is even eligible to run for president much less qualified that he keeps blowing off. But hey it's you right to believe anything you want, but when he lets his terrorist buddies havefree shots at you worse than Klinton did, don't come crying to me. Oh yeah, I wasn't aware that anyone had plans to scrap Start III or CTBT, even though I think we should dump all that crap that cost us money and does nothing to make us safer. You vote for who you want, but just remember, when the come in the night and say, "Were from the government and are here to make you safer." and take all your guns, just shut the hell up as you got what you deserve and asked for.

nathan

imported post

Tawnos wrote:

"Obama also favors commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. He supports closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. He also supports making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."

How does one make a gun 'childproof'? What age child are we talking about? Should guns be 13 year old proof? How exactly would that work?

He LIES by saying the AWB kept 'battlefield' weapons off our streets! The AWB did no such thing.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tawnos wrote:
He has not only taken up the anti-2A flag, he has hoisted it above the American flag and flipped off 80 million gun owners while so doing.

If you have "yet to see him take up the anti-2A flag" then you have not been paying attention and you have not taken the time to investigate the candidate's record, public statements, website as the 2A position has changed over the months, or policy papers. We have had thread after thread on OCDO linking to articles, IL congressional voting records, videos, new stories, etc. proving unequivocally Obama's anti-2A record, beliefs, positions and intentions.

I will not take the time to explain "What's the fear, again?" as you have obviously not taken the time to know the first thing about this candidate's position.

kparker

imported post

OBAMA: I think it is a scandal that this president did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban.

Oh for heaven's sake. Congress never passed a bill renewing/extending the AWB ban, so what could Bush do? We were certainly all worried--based on some things he had said--that he might, in fact, sign such an abomination if it had passed.

DEROS72

imported post

That video scares the crap out of me.I would prefer not talking with our enemies and staying strong .Especially in light of Russias latest agressions.We will in fact eventually go to war with Russia and I want a president that will build our military to the hilt.Obama would surrender us.Hell we are the United States we don,t have to negociate with anyone .I would prefer remaining in that position of strength.Peace comes through massive force and power.

The proper order of things!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I wonder if his handlers realize that he promised to work to do away with nuclear power plants, too.

He said in the video linked above that he will try to stop production of fissile material. That would include uranium products for electrical generation, not just nuclear weapons.

DEROS72

imported post

Yup! he'll have us back to the stone age in no time.Well except himself and his circle who seem to know and want to dictate whats best for the rest of us.He is a pretty close parallel in some respects to Hitlers rise to power and his speeches on change from the Weimar republic.

just_a_car

imported post

Citizen wrote:
I wonder if his handlers realize that he promised to work to do away with nuclear power plants, too.

He said in the video linked above that he will try to stop production of fissile material. That would include uranium products for electrical generation, not just nuclear weapons.
That makes no sense. Nuclear power is the one viable source of energy to wean us away from excess dependence on foreign sources of energy. Sometimes, I just don't understand a lot of the stances the Democratic party takes.

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Citizen wrote:

That makes no sense. Nuclear power is the one viable source of energy to wean us away from excess dependence on foreign sources of energy. Sometimes, I just don't understand a lot of the stances the Democratic party takes.
You need to understand, what's best for America and Americans means next to nothing to any politician. All they care about is POWER!

just_a_car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
You need to understand, what's best for America and Americans means next to nothing to any politician. All they care about is POWER!
To that I have one thing to say: "...clinging to my God and my guns."

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
To that I have one thing to say: "...clinging to my God and my guns."
clinging.png

DEROS72

imported post

For a world and UN so dead set on banning guns there sure are a lot of shooting sports in the Olympics.They rarely ever cover them...just an observation.