Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ahhhh. Sweet, Sweet Kentucky......

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hodgenville, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,261

    Post imported post

    .....and small towns. Camped this weekend and rested (recuperated) Monday.

    Went to town for laundry, get meds and check local pawn shop....carrying open.

    Chief of police sittin' on an outsidebench with a 'sody water'. I stopped and we chatted about some FA rifles in the city arsenal. County deputy came by and jawed with both of us until he got a call.

    Chief says he'll come by to do some shooting and I left to get meds from Pamida. Got a few stares from customers (always do) but the staff all were their usual friendly selfs.

    Went back to laundry and waited for clothes to dry and chatted with laundry lady.

    Left and got a heavenly Butter Pecan cone in the local candy shop, chatted with owner and then went home. Ahhhhhhh. Kentucky!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florence, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    173

    Post imported post

    No no sir, Ahhhh. Sweet, Sweet Southern Kentucky you would have gotten more than just a few stares, and you would have had a not so friendly chat with the local leo, at least in boone county.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    Oh I do miss KY when I am not there.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  4. #4
    Regular Member hotrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Union, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    566

    Post imported post

    RIAShooter wrote:
    No no sir, Ahhhh. Sweet, Sweet Southern Kentucky you would have gotten more than just a few stares, and you would have had a not so friendly chat with the local leo, at least in boone county.
    I am sorry to hear you have trouble in Boone County. The Chief of Police in Florence and Boone County Sheriff's Department are all aware of the right to open carry!! You should never be bothered for exercising a right under the Commonwealth's constitution!!
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Burlington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    84

    Post imported post

    Most Florence P.D. is ok... I may be slightly biased but there it is... As far as the sheriff's dept. well all I can say is they are WAAAAAAY too big for their britches. Most of it started after the Judge Exec. decided to combine the S.O. and the County Police.

  6. #6
    Regular Member hotrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Union, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    566

    Post imported post

    zer0cool wrote:
    Most Florence P.D. is ok... I may be slightly biased but there it is... As far as the sheriff's dept. well all I can say is they are WAAAAAAY too big for their britches. Most of it started after the Judge Exec. decided to combine the S.O. and the County Police.
    The combining of the Sheriff and the Police was for budgetary reasons. I agreed with the combination, but if you have any problem with the Deputies call Mike Helmig or Les Hill and file a complaint. I promise it will be handled post haste. I haven't been around the Sheriffs Dept as much asI use to, but, Helmig makes the Deputies follow the law.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Burlington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    84

    Post imported post

    Mr. Hill and I are like oil and water but I do understand the reason for combining them. But he did get alot of both budgets from what I've heard.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Statesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    hotrod wrote:
    zer0cool wrote:
    Most Florence P.D. is ok... I may be slightly biased but there it is... As far as the sheriff's dept. well all I can say is they are WAAAAAAY too big for their britches. Most of it started after the Judge Exec. decided to combine the S.O. and the County Police.
    The combining of the Sheriff and the Police was for budgetary reasons. I agreed with the combination, but if you have any problem with the Deputies call Mike Helmig or Les Hill and file a complaint. I promise it will be handled post haste. I haven't been around the Sheriffs Dept as much asI use to, but, Helmig makes the Deputies follow the law.
    Helmig is awsome!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florence, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    173

    Post imported post

    yeah I do like helmig he is fair and actually upholds the law, he doesn't circumvent it

  10. #10
    Regular Member Statesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    Chief of police sittin' on an outside bench with a 'sody water'. I stopped and we chatted about some FA rifles in the city arsenal. County deputy came by and jawed with both of us until he got a call.
    Sitting with the Cheif of Police, armed, and talking about FA rifles. How awsome is that?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •