• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ahhhh. Sweet, Sweet Kentucky......

TheMrMitch

imported post

.....and small towns. Camped this weekend and rested (recuperated) Monday.

Went to town for laundry, get meds and check local pawn shop....carrying open.

Chief of police sittin' on an outsidebench with a 'sody water'. I stopped and we chatted about some FA rifles in the city arsenal. County deputy came by and jawed with both of us until he got a call.

Chief says he'll come by to do some shooting and I left to get meds from Pamida. Got a few stares from customers (always do) but the staff all were their usual friendly selfs.

Went back to laundry and waited for clothes to dry and chatted with laundry lady.

Left and got a heavenly Butter Pecan cone in the local candy shop, chatted with owner and then went home. Ahhhhhhh. Kentucky!:D

RIAShooter

imported post

No no sir, Ahhhh. Sweet, Sweet Southern Kentucky you would have gotten more than just a few stares, and you would have had a not so friendly chat with the local leo, at least in boone county.

hotrod

imported post

RIAShooter wrote:
No no sir, Ahhhh. Sweet, Sweet Southern Kentucky you would have gotten more than just a few stares, and you would have had a not so friendly chat with the local leo, at least in boone county.
I am sorry to hear you have trouble in Boone County. The Chief of Police in Florence and Boone County Sheriff's Department are all aware of the right to open carry!! You should never be bothered for exercising a right under the Commonwealth's constitution!!

zer0cool

imported post

Most Florence P.D. is ok... I may be slightly biased but there it is... As far as the sheriff's dept. well all I can say is they are WAAAAAAY too big for their britches. Most of it started after the Judge Exec. decided to combine the S.O. and the County Police.

hotrod

imported post

zer0cool wrote:
Most Florence P.D. is ok... I may be slightly biased but there it is... As far as the sheriff's dept. well all I can say is they are WAAAAAAY too big for their britches. Most of it started after the Judge Exec. decided to combine the S.O. and the County Police.
The combining of the Sheriff and the Police was for budgetary reasons. I agreed with the combination, but if you have any problem with the Deputies call Mike Helmig or Les Hill and file a complaint. I promise it will be handled post haste. I haven't been around the Sheriffs Dept as much asI use to, but, Helmig makes the Deputies follow the law.

Statesman

imported post

hotrod wrote:
zer0cool wrote:
The combining of the Sheriff and the Police was for budgetary reasons. I agreed with the combination, but if you have any problem with the Deputies call Mike Helmig or Les Hill and file a complaint. I promise it will be handled post haste. I haven't been around the Sheriffs Dept as much asI use to, but, Helmig makes the Deputies follow the law.
Helmig is awsome!

Statesman

imported post

Chief of police sittin' on an outside bench with a 'sody water'. I stopped and we chatted about some FA rifles in the city arsenal. County deputy came by and jawed with both of us until he got a call.

Sitting with the Cheif of Police, armed, and talking about FA rifles. How awsome is that?