• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I want to help

Texas1911

imported post

I am the owner of http://www.texasguntalk.com, and I am wanting to kick start an open carry movement.

I work at Red's Indoor Range in Austin, which also puts me in the mainstream of gun owners in the area as well.

Please email me your contact info @ admin @ texasguntalk.com

I have a meeting tomorrow with a Hays Co. Judge about the topic of gun rights / gun safety. I'm very committed to getting this sponsored and getting it passed.

Thank You.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Howdy Folks! I'm new here and basically looking for a place to introduce myself...
I live in 'AggieLand' so if there is anything going on around here please let me know as I would love to show up and add to the numbers! Also, I have been looking around and I see the basic flyers, but I was wondering if there were any more-informational flyers/handouts. Maybe like a tri-fold brochure or womething that outlines the current law and the petition points? Just telling people to sign a petition isn't going to help much IMHO. People need to know what they are signing before they will even look at it! Personally I read the entire thing because this is a topic that is very dear to me, but many (if not most) could really care less unless we somehow make it personal for them and give them the 'cliffs notes' so that they don't have to do a bunch of research on thier own. I would be glad to carry some of these around with me and pass them out where appropriate if they were available.
Great Site, Great Cause!
Thanks,
Gator
>|--|~

rodbender

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
Howdy Folks! I'm new here and basically looking for a place to introduce myself...
I live in 'AggieLand' so if there is anything going on around here please let me know as I would love to show up and add to the numbers! Also, I have been looking around and I see the basic flyers, but I was wondering if there were any more-informational flyers/handouts. Maybe like a tri-fold brochure or womething that outlines the current law and the petition points? Just telling people to sign a petition isn't going to help much IMHO. People need to know what they are signing before they will even look at it! Personally I read the entire thing because this is a topic that is very dear to me, but many (if not most) could really care less unless we somehow make it personal for them and give them the 'cliffs notes' so that they don't have to do a bunch of research on thier own. I would be glad to carry some of these around with me and pass them out where appropriate if they were available.
Great Site, Great Cause!
Thanks,
Gator
>|--|~

This is pretty much a grass roots effort and we all do what we can. If you can do these things it will help tremendously. We are trying to get members to talk (preferably in person) to state reps and senators to try to get them interested. I've had positive remarks from my senator and one guy running for rep.

We are on a tight budget so members are footing the bill for a lot of stuff or taking the time to draw things up and post them on the forum. We are also donating money to keep billboards and taxi ads up and running. Post info for this fight on any other forums you may be on.

Welcome to the forum, thanks for the help,and remember: You will get as much as you put into it.

Enjoy, Dennis

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Thanks Dennis! I have already posted links to here and to the petition on my website. Being new to this and this petition I don't know that I would be able effectively draft the 'brochure' that I mentioned, but I would be more than happy to print it out and carry with me to disperse if there was one available. I am attempting to educate myself as much as possible and if I get a chance to attempt to put something together I will post it for review. I have no problem being a 'root'! I am limited with time constraints and money, but anything I can do on my home printer is not a problem! I have plenty of paper and ink (and even 4X6 photo paper). I will also pass around the web whatever I can in an appropriate manner.
And if there is anyone else in this area I would love to meet up with them and maybe work together and at least make sure that we don't duplicate effort!
Thanks Again,
Gator
>|--|~

rodbender

imported post

All I can say is that you should simply draw something up to be printed that you think will inform folks and print it out and get busy. Set up an appointment to see your state legislators. See what they think of this idea. Make the gun shows in your area. Inform people, that's the main idea. As far as the money goes,$10 would be great.If you can't give, that's OK. Just do something. If you think long enough, you'll come up with something. Put that noggin to work. Think positive! Make a copy of the petition or just explain itin simpleterms. We basically want to Open Carry in Texas W/O a permit. If you can purchase a gun, you can carry it open, not concealed. CHL will stay in effect for concealed carryonly.

T ogether

E veryone

A ccomplishes

M ore

ldcarson

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hello from Karbala, IRAQ! I am a new member here and am glad to send a hundred dollars your way! I am a CHL holder in Texas and believe very strongly that we (All Americans) should have the right to carry in any manner they choose. I am coming home in 2 weeks time for a month and then I will travel back overseas. (nature of the job) But I will do my best in teh month I have to get the word out to all of my friends in West Texas and South Texas, to include the many Texans that are proudly serving over here with me.

All the best...lets get this done!!!!

rodbender

imported post

Thanks for your service to the country. Thanks for the financial support also. We are trying our best and God bless you andall the others over there.