Thread: Open Carry Duhhhh.

Post imported post

I have had CCW for a while but I'm new and uncomfortable open carrying. ( I'm not against it. )

I have only OPC about 6 times in all and only the last two months. Once standing in line at Krogers Another person walked up to close for comfort behind me. I was open carrying. It was a Kahr K-40 inside the waist band and on my left side. I doubt he or any one saw that I had a gun. But I was very nervous just the same. I think that a strap over the gun would releive my stress. We'll see.

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Gordon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

A good retention holster definitely makes me feel better. I have a blackhawk and I love it

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    A good retention holster definitely makes me feel better. I have a blackhawk and I love it
    Agreed. Blackhawk Serpa.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

LaVere wrote:
    I have had CCW for a while but I'm new and uncomfortable open carrying. ( I'm not against it. )

I have only OPC about 6 times in all and only the last two months. Once standing in line at Krogers Another person walked up to close for comfort behind me. I was open carrying. It was a Kahr K-40 inside the waist band and on my left side. I doubt he or any one saw that I had a gun. But I was very nervous just the same. I think that a strap over the gun would releive my stress. We'll see.

It's a CPL not a CCW, not to be pedantic. Where you totally comfortable when you started CCing? You get used to it, but you are very conscious of your gun when OCing as you should be. OCing isn't for everyone, but aren't you glad that you can do it if you want due the effortsof many members of this site?
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

You cant blame him for still calling it a CCW. Go to the circuit court clerks office in lansing. The area where you get your CPL information is still labeled CCW. Ive seen numerous companies and instructors still calling it a CCW.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

My nephew had to explain CCW vs CPL to an officer last night while he was walking his dog....OC'ing.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    LaVere wrote:

It's a CPL not a CCW, not to be pedantic. Where you totally comfortable when you started CCing? You get used to it, but you are very conscious of your gun when OCing as you should be. OCing isn't for everyone, but aren't you glad that you can do it if you want due the effortsof many members of this site?

Now I don't know what to call it. Below is an ad for CCW/ CPL classes.

The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Post imported post

LaVere wrote:
    Now I don't know what to call it. Below is an ad for CCW/ CPL classes.

Just go with what it is. Its a Concealed Pistol License. Not a Carry Concealed Weapon Permit. It gives you thechoice to carry your pistol concealed and nothing else.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    And yes, a Blackhawk Serpa Duty holster is a dream. I have a level II and I love it.

Post imported post

I carry in a Serpa too. Definitely get one if you're new to OC and a little nervous about retention.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    I carry in a Serpa too. Definitely get one if you're new to OC and a little nervous about retention.
    +1 for the Serpa

Post imported post

For those of us whose weapons Blackhawk doesn't make a Serpa for (like me with my USP Tactical), I've found the BladeTech Tech Gear Level II to be amazing.

Post imported post

nikon1123 wrote:
    For those of us whose weapons Blackhawk doesn't make a Serpa for (like me with my USP Tactical), I've found the BladeTech Tech Gear Level II to be amazing.
    Do they make one for the Walther P38?

Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Post imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
    nikon1123 wrote:
    Do they make one for the Walther P38?
    No, sorry. The only Walther I see is the P99s.