• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Duhhhh.

LaVere

imported post

I have had CCW for a while but I'm new and uncomfortable open carrying. ( I'm not against it. )

I have only OPC about 6 times in all and only the last two months. Once standing in line at Krogers Another person walked up to close for comfort behind me. I was open carrying. It was a Kahr K-40 inside the waist band and on my left side. I doubt he or any one saw that I had a gun. But I was very nervous just the same. I think that a strap over the gun would releive my stress. We'll see.

moz-screenshot.jpg

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

LaVere wrote:
I have had CCW for a while but I'm new and uncomfortable open carrying. ( I'm not against it. )

I have only OPC about 6 times in all and only the last two months. Once standing in line at Krogers Another person walked up to close for comfort behind me. I was open carrying. It was a Kahr K-40 inside the waist band and on my left side. I doubt he or any one saw that I had a gun. But I was very nervous just the same. I think that a strap over the gun would releive my stress. We'll see.

moz-screenshot.jpg
It's a CPL not a CCW, not to be pedantic. Where you totally comfortable when you started CCing? You get used to it, but you are very conscious of your gun when OCing as you should be. OCing isn't for everyone, but aren't you glad that you can do it if you want due the effortsof many members of this site?

Tucker6900

imported post

You cant blame him for still calling it a CCW. Go to the circuit court clerks office in lansing. The area where you get your CPL information is still labeled CCW. Ive seen numerous companies and instructors still calling it a CCW.

LaVere

imported post

Venator wrote:
LaVere wrote:

moz-screenshot.jpg
It's a CPL not a CCW, not to be pedantic. Where you totally comfortable when you started CCing? You get used to it, but you are very conscious of your gun when OCing as you should be. OCing isn't for everyone, but aren't you glad that you can do it if you want due the effortsof many members of this site?

Now I don't know what to call it. Below is an ad for CCW/ CPL classes.

2781693458_2a88c2a257.jpg

Tucker6900

imported post

LaVere wrote:
Now I don't know what to call it. Below is an ad for CCW/ CPL classes.

2781693458_2a88c2a257.jpg
Just go with what it is. Its a Concealed Pistol License. Not a Carry Concealed Weapon Permit. It gives you thechoice to carry your pistol concealed and nothing else.

Tucker6900

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
A good retention holster definitely makes me feel better. I have a blackhawk and I love it
And yes, a Blackhawk Serpa Duty holster is a dream. I have a level II and I love it.

nikon1123

imported post

For those of us whose weapons Blackhawk doesn't make a Serpa for (like me with my USP Tactical), I've found the BladeTech Tech Gear Level II to be amazing.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

nikon1123 wrote:
For those of us whose weapons Blackhawk doesn't make a Serpa for (like me with my USP Tactical), I've found the BladeTech Tech Gear Level II to be amazing.
Do they make one for the Walther P38?