• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Camp Verde OC'er meet

Michigander

imported post

So it looks like we're gonna have a meet up in Camp Verde with at least a few of us to challenge the apparent anti OC sentiment of the local police. I figured the meeting needs its own thread, so here it is.

I'm not familiar with the area since I've never been there, so my question to you guys is where, when, and who's going? Curt mentioned making it an entire weekend trip, and I definitely like that idea.:)

Michigander

imported post

Well, I don't think it can happen this weekend, but how about saturday, september 13th?

Is anybody still interested?

PavePusher

imported post

I could make it (only about 3-3.5 hrs from Tucson), but I will probably be in New Hampshire for the first half of the month. Later would work for me, sorry.

Michigander

imported post

Hey, I don't care what date. Just threw that out there. With this being the laid back southwest, we maybe should wait longer anyway to get more people involved.

madcapmag

imported post

I could do Oct 4th, if that works. Seems like that might be the earliest for most (2 who responded) people. No idea whats up there. I've only walked through Sedona. :?Seems like a day trip might be possible.

GWbiker

imported post

Give me a one week headsup and I'm in. I need a definite time and meet location.

Alec411

imported post

I have discussed this for the last couple of months and expressed my concern about the slant the Antis will put on it. They would love to suggest that there is a "SPLIT AMONG GUNOWNERS" (the perception that we are either pro/OC or pro/CC, and that we can't be both.

If we focus only on OC many folks will be turned off. If we are not seen as first and foremost, as 2nd Amendment Supporters; we WILL DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD!

THINK ABOUT IT. LISTEN TO THE TONE OF A COUPLE OF POSTS HERE. THEY ARE CONFRONTASIONAL! It's a little early for that macho appearing crap!!!!!!!!!! We people start saying things like, 'gotta teach that town a thing or two'. One person sounds like his entire goal is to P-OFF the police. If that is the case, either He or I are in the wrong place!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 60 years old and have fought my whole life to have our gun rights recognized, many of you were doing the same thing. What people said would never happen was that our right to CONCEALED CARRY, and hell our right TO OWN, WOULD BE FIRMLY ESTABLISHED.

I don't care to see gun folks to take a giant step backwards. OC & CC ARE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING MORE THAN POSSIBLE MODES OF CARRYING A FIREARM ON OUR PERSON!

If I see a splintering, and losing sight of what should be our main focus, which now isthe maintenance of our rights, as we seek calmly to move forward, I'M GONE!

My beliefs are clear:

First: The 2nd Amendment is a sacred right!

Second: I may carry my firearm in any manner, I CHOSE!!!!!

I am real funny about which comes first & which comes 2nd.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

I typically carry concealed myself. However, I support the right to carry openly (which is why I hang out on this forum), and will occasionally carry openly, usually in events, such as the one discussed here, where people are coming together to show their support for open carry, and to show the sheep that it's ok for good folks to carry guns.

I see no need or usefulness for arguing amongst ourselves, when there is so much fighting to be done with the gungrabbers who want to take away our constitutional rights!

Name a date, and if I can, I will be there, gun on hip.

Alec411

imported post

SLAYER: Just as an example; how does an uneducated person feel on the entire issue of gun laws/control, when he/she see themselves referred to as "SHEEP OR SHEEPLE"? No one likes to get the feeling that they are being spoken down to, and been referred to as animals renowned for timidity and cowardice!

I don't feel looked down upon, or like a wuss, because I chose not to own a Harley. Once we have the attention of people they will see what/who we are; their friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc.

I believe they will find that we have more in common, than they ever imagined.

OLD GRAN AGAIN: "You get more bees with honey, than with vinegar!:banghead:

OLD GRAN: WAS KNOWN TO TAKE A NIP, ONCE-IN-AWHILE!:dude:

Slayer of Paper

imported post

That's just a term from several self defense methodologies. Basically, they point out that there are 3 types of people: wolves: criminals who prey on innocent people, sheep: the everyday, average innocent person that generally ends up being the wolves' prey, and sheepdogs: those citizens that take the responsibility to protect themselves and others from the wolves by carrying a firearm.

It's not (generally) meant as a derogatory term, but it can be, and is often taken that way. I don't use it as a derogatory term, but I will say that if you choose not to take responsibility for your own protection, then when the wolf targets you, you better hope there is a sheepdog about who is willing and able to protect you.