• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I made a PDF for rifle practice

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Print this out, bring it to the range (preferably with a timer) and you can have a set of standards to practice regularly.

These are all basic, and do not call for moving while shooting, but you can add that into the mix to make it more challenging.

This PDF is for rifle standards- I will create one for pistol work soon.

I am open to criticism or suggestions.

Rifle Standards

What do you guys think?

Louisiana Carry

imported post

For those who liked my rifle standards, I made one for pistol work.

You can alter this or do whatever you want. I just thought it would be helpful if I made a list of things that would be good to stay in practice on. If you don't have a timer- get one or do the best you can. These are all static in that they do not require getting "off the X," which is important. You can add that in as you see fit- these are meant to be basic maneuvers.

Pistol Standards

It could still use a little tweaking- feel free to add your thoughts here.