• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Toy

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Sorry for the bad pics, poor lighting in the boat. I'll get better ones.

2779798367_7846dcfc4e.jpg

2780655826_201e6fc27a.jpg

like_the_roman

imported post

Be careful if it's marked CAI (Century Arms International.) They're crap.

I took my CAI M91/30 out for the first time yesterday and the bolt broke after 3 rounds.

Bear 45/70

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
Be careful if it's marked CAI (Century Arms International.) They're crap.

I took my CAI M91/30 out for the first time yesterday and the bolt broke after 3 rounds.
One broken gun from a single importerand all the gunsthey imported are bad? Sounds like a real stretch in logic. On top of that you have no idea of the history of the gun either, unless you bought it directly from the importer. Also all these rifles are better than 50 years old.

d0od

imported post

My 91/30 is a Century Arms import I have fired several hundred rounds thru it and not had one problem. Besides they just imported it I don't believe they did anything to the gun other than put a serial # on it. All my serial #'s match so all the important parts are original.

d0od

imported post

My understanding from what I read was if it was re-furbished that is when you get mis-matched serial #'s.

sv if you don't mind me asking where did you get your m44 and how much? I have been wanting to get one. All the stores I have gone into only have the 91/30's.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I got my M44 at Lynnwood Guns and traded a rifle for it. The price was $115 and it was his last gun. You should be able to get a local dealer to order an M44 for you.

As far as your 91/30 goes, there is nothing wrong with guns imported by century. You happened to get an oddball gun.

How did the bolt break? Bolt bodies are cheap and easily replaced.

just_a_car

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
It's about time you got your own, Steve... instead of lusting over jarhead's. :p
ummm yeah right. Have you seen marc's?:p that rifle has a stock only a marine could love...:D
Yes, I handled it in person two nights ago. Stock was not that bad; I've seen MUCH worse being sold at Big 5.

Though, it would help if he'd clean the darn thing! Fortunately, he says he uses non-corrosive ammo. :uhoh: