• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wells Fargo...

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

So long story short I had two cases of debit card fraud a week ago. I called the bank and they started an investigation. Told me I would have provisional credit within 3 days. All well and good. Three days later one of the two charges was actually reversed (Apple iTunes) but the second one (iTunes again) was still present. I wait a few more days and nothing happens. I call the bank this morning, they said I needed to sign a claim form, mail it back, etc... I said that is a long time to get my money back, can I do this in a branch. They say yes, they can fax a claim form to the branch, I can sign it, fax it back and get provisional credit then.

So this is pretty cool I think. I'm up in Lynnwood visiting a friend (To everyone else I had to pass up on the way I didn't have time for much socializing on this trip)

I had stopped on Bainbridge Island to pick up a Steyr M95 from Dr. Fresh and of course had it with me.

So getting ready to leave this afternoon I realize I'm gonna end up walking into a bank with a cased long arm. Legal, but possibly asking for trouble. Also I don't trust what Wells Fargo customer service tells me so I called a nearby branch (196th and Hwy 99) and asked about what I had been told to do (the manager on duty, a woman who's name I forget) had no idea what I was talking about. As a courtesy (and not wanting a visit from LPD while I was in there carrying a black bag that said "Ruger" all over it that clearly resembled what it was) I mentioned I was taking the bus, and had a cased relic long arm with me, and BTW I do have a valid CPL (I know this has nothing to do with long arms, but I thought it might put her mind at ease knowing I was "licensed" to carry a gun...) She makes it very plain she doesn't want me in her bank. I debate with her a moment or so more, and end the call.

Trying to resolve this issue over the phone again (I want my dang $50 back!) I speak with someone at a supervisory level, I get yet a third story on how long it will take me to get my money back (10 business days from the date of the claim, so next Tuesday he tells me) and I also mention the longarm story, and state I thought WF's policy was to allow legally carried weapons per the state law they were in. The person very neatly sidestepped and ignored the whole part about the gun. So I gave up.

Then I wondered if the woman at the branch had decided I was some sort of possible threat to the bank and made calls to LPD or whatnot... Yargh. I gotta lay off the coffee! Last thing I need is thinking I'm gonna get a call from the FBI or whatnot asking me why I said I was going to bring a gun into a bank...

I did stop into Lynnwood Gun to get some ammo for the Steyr and seeing the prices decided to see if I could (and I did) trade the M95 for a very nice M44 Mosin Nagant.

Bear 45/70

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Hence why I'm not a fan of Wells Fargo.........
I don't bank where my gun is not welcome. You would think with Wells Cargo's (
missingteeth.gif
)history they would understand about the necessity of guns.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I think I got a few uptight people. I think their customer sevice was in Kalifornia, and there are enough liberals here....

I'm gonna write a letter to their corporate office and ask for their policy regarding guns. I've been told by a manager in Seattle who was from Kommifornia that if it is legally carried it is ok...

ghosthunter

imported post

What would they had done if you just walked in with the cased gun. Walked over to the customer service desk asked them to watch your gun case and conducted your business? And left.

Metal_Monkey

imported post

I go to 164th Wells Fargo rather regularly and I never have problems...

P.S. Almost every gunstore off of 99th is ******* rediculously expensive..I know most of them :( Example: They wanted $350-$450 for a mossberg 500...I picked the wifes for $249...elsewere I stopped going to those bastards. Only one I really go to now is Cascade pawn, because they are the only one that sells RBCD ammo around....and RBCD is the best...so I continue to go there:celebrate