• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody going to the Big Reno Show this weekend?

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

This weekend, I'll be open carrying as I travel to Reno for the Big Reno (Gun) Show. The event runs 3 days, but I'll only be making it on Saturday.

I agreed to a hiatus on Open Carry, but this is an exception for a couple reasons. 1) I will be in my car and moving the entire time I'm carrying in this state. I don't plan to stop until I cross into Nevada (not hard to do since that's less than 2 hours of driving). 2) I will have 3 witnesses and audio/video recording devices at the ready. So even if I'm covering my ass even if I happen to get pulled over on the way there.

The gents over in the Nevada forum pointed out that open carry is pretty much unrestricted in Nevada. Also of note, you can conceal a firearm in your car without a permission slip, so long as it's not on your person. (The AG cites a case where a firearm was stored under a seat cushion and the arrest was thrown out.) How awesome is that? What a great way to protect your firearm form your trail mix and Mountain Dew as you fly down the highway?

I do plan to open carry at the event. However, I have been warned that the venue has in the past checked, unloaded, and zip tied the mag well of weapons carried in. If they do this I'll probably opt to leave my weapon in the car. After having my new baby damaged by Turlock PD, I'm not too keen on the idea of letting some tool zip tie my gun.

I already have a carload, but I hope to see some others there. Post here if you're planning to go, and see if you can get a carpool going!

Robin47

imported post

HI CA_Libertarian,

Yeah I might go ! On Saterday to !

If your going to be there, look for a guy with a green boonie hat with an Arrowhead

on it, and vietnam service ribbon on it 1965.

Just ask"are youRobin47 "? I should be there around 12:00 Pm and after till around 4:00 PM.

LOL ! Robin

Robin47

imported post

Yeah Ron Paul got my vote !

Be looking for you Bro !Don't know much about OC'ing in Navadathough.

Robin47 PS ! If I have a Sexy Lady hanging on my left arm thats my Wife !!!

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Robin47 wrote:
Yeah Ron Paul got my vote !

Be looking for you Bro !Don't know much about OC'ing in Navadathough.

Robin47 PS ! If I have a Sexy Lady hanging on my left arm thats my Wife !!!
Not much to know about OC in Nevada... I read their Open Carry pamphlet and it's shorter than ours, yet it has the full text of their statutes, plus AG opinion quotes. It's in the top 10 or so threads in the NV forum. Check it out! It is insanely light reading. (Disclaimer: Reading Nevada statutes will make living in CA seem even less desireable than it already is.)

PS: If you see me with a sexy lady, she is a prostitute. If you see me with a lanky man with a bushy red beard, he is a Hooker (no really, that's the name of one of my travel companions).

ETA: Here's a link to the NV pamphlet thread. Scroll down a bit, as the author updates in replies rather than his original post. The most recent one is on page 1.

Robin47

imported post

To CA_Libertairian an all.

Yeah the Wife is going with me, we can escape my younger dauther a while to.

Im hopeing to meet Felid Maximus there too, and others from Reno Navada !

See ya on Saterday ! Robin47