• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An interesting situation in a movie.

quentusrex

imported post

I recently watched the movie "The Strangers" with my wife. And during the whole movie we kept saying to each other 'if only they carried, or atleast had a home defense weapon..."

Another movie that gave us the same feeling was the movie "The Brave One".

vinnie

imported post

Most horror movies would suck with armed good guys.

"Hacker with a hocky mask!!" Blam blam, Blam

"Nice mozambique dude!"

ROLL CREDITS

BlaineG

imported post

:pThe Movie Morons would Dial 911 and then text their Sister who lawyers for the ACLU........ Then, you'd have to wait for police while listening to the long sad story of another broken childhood and parental abuse......:cool:

Triple Tap

imported post

I watched a "b" movie this weekend that one guy fired 52 shots without re-loading his 1911. Man, I wish I had that at the range to keep my fingers from hurting from reloading clips. :D

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Triple Tap wrote:
I watched a "b" movie this weekend that one guy fired 52 shots without re-loading his 1911. Man, I wish I had that at the range to keep my fingers from hurting from reloading clips. :D
Well, I can't help you on the 52 shots, but would a 40 round drum do?... http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=282500
Yeah, just stuff one in the mag cavity and double the weight of you handgun. Makes concealment tough and as an OC accessory, not a good idea.

just_a_car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
Triple Tap wrote:
Well, I can't help you on the 52 shots, but would a 40 round drum do?... http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=282500
Yeah, just stuff one in the mag cavity and double the weight of you handgun. Makes concealment tough and as an OC accessory, not a good idea.
Yes... but TT specifically said "at the range". Might actually reduce the recoil with the extra weight. ;)

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
Triple Tap wrote:
Yes... but TT specifically said "at the range". Might actually reduce the recoil with the extra weight. ;)

At the range true, but how tired do you think his fingers will be after loading in 40 rounds as opposed to 8. What he really needs is one of these:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=383510&t=11082005

PT111

imported post

Arrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh:banghead: How many times do I have to tell you fellows that it is a freaking movie and has no bearing on reality!!!!:cuss: If it was based on reality the movie wouldn't be worth watching. :what:

Bear 45/70

imported post

PT111 wrote:
Arrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh:banghead: How many times do I have to tell you fellows that it is a freaking movie and has no bearing on reality!!!!:cuss: If it was based on reality the movie wouldn't be worth watching. :what:

The difference between the movies and reality is that movies make no sense what so ever.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Triple Tap wrote:
Thats cool, but in the movie it was a standard 8 round clip. Just kinda funny to watch.

When I was in Jr High school (yes , they had newspapers then) Hoot Gibson, cowboy movie actor was in town. He stopped at the local newspaper for an interview. I had a paper route and was able to ask him how he shot all those rounds without reloading.

He said "when it shows me shootin the bad guy is reloading an when it shows him shootin, I'm reloadin"

You think ?

cynicist

imported post

There's a good scene in "Death Proof" where the girls discuss carrying a pistol.
The situation isn't really that realistic (an evil stuntman who drives around killing girls with his "death-proof" car) but it still shows it's a good idea to carry.