• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas Open Carry Taxi Advertizing Campaign Needs Your Help Today!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Friends, Texans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury the Texas open carry ban, not just to make it a little less onerous!

--

Folks - to get the taxis rolling I need to cut checks totaling over $1,000 ASAP. With YOUR help, we will put the message deep and intrusively into the crevices and corners of Austin, where legislators, their staff, newspapermen, and arm chair pundits are known to live, work, and play.

--

http://www.opencarry.org/taxi.html

SNIP

NEW UPDATE AS OF 20 AUG 08 - $1,300 in matching funds now committed!

We have now successfully raised enough money for 3 months of the billboard for Texas open carry and we have YOU to thank!

Now we have an opportunity to blanket Austin with taxi-cab banners highlighting the open carry petition for Texas.

Two anonymous OCDO Members have stepped forward to MATCH further contributions up to $1,100. John and Mike will match an additional $100 each, so in essence, we have a matching fund of $1,300.

All money raised to date for the billboard project will be retained for that purpose as we promised to keep the billboard up for as long as possible. So we need your help to get the taxi project off the ground.

All members who donate at least $10 (in one contribution) to this effort will be recognized as "Activist Members" on the forum while all members who join Mike and I in donating at least $100 (in one contribution) will be recognized as "Founder's Club Members".

EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR RAISED WILL BE USED FOR THIS PURPOSE ONLY!

Current Balance
$400

firemn417

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Come on Texans!

I'm a penny pinching college student at Texas Tech. If I can scrape together $50 for this and donate to the billboard, I know there's people out there who can do more!

firemn417

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The new semester starts on Monday (August 25), I'll spread the word and see what I can do. Unfortunatly, I meet too many college students who lack thepassion to stand up for their rights.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

firemn417 wrote:
The new semester starts on Monday (August 25), I'll spread the word and see what I can do. Unfortunatly, I meet too many college students who lack thepassion to stand up for their rights.
I just need 'em to click the petition - they can do that from their desks or lazy bed for I care!

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Done.

$25 sent in.

Confirmation number: 2AB594990T403115X.

Quote: "Let's roll OCDO! I can't wait to hear the screams of anguish from the Austin antis when they have to ride in a taxi adorned with OpenCarry-Lori!"

That mental image is just hilarious. :lol:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Donated!

I really liked Phoenixphire's image of some fop from Austin getting all pissy-faced over our taxi ads! Just how it should be!

Lori's being from Texas must really put the frosting on the cake for them.

:celebrate

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
$100 donation made yesterday. Let me know if you have any problems getting it.
John Pierce is tracking this closely and John will update your profiles very soon. I don't know what the total is, but John told me my phone some donations are bveing received. Thank you!

Jdude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What's this? Something has fallen out of the LURKER'S pocket!
It seems to be a NOTE!
The note reads 92S55264HD6315109!

Enter for option
1 Inform the LURKER he has dropped his note.
2 Give the NOTE to Sarah Brady.
3 Upgrade the LURKER'S status and continue to fight for OPEN CARRY.

Enter your option: 3

XD40SubCompact

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just donated a C-Note...

Still not sure if I want to OC, but I want the choice to exercise my right. Keep up the fight.

When you get the Taxi deal going please post pics...

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

XD40SubCompact wrote:
Just donated a C-Note...

Still not sure if I want to OC, but I want the choice to exercise my right.
That's the message we need to keep pushing - open carry is a great, natural, and essentially necessarrycompliment to concealed carry, especially to avoid harassment or charges for printing," when changing clothes or getting out of a vehicle, or when traveling thru a state where your concealed permit does not work.

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mike wrote:
XD40SubCompact wrote:
Just donated a C-Note...

That's the message we need to keep pushing - open carry is a great, natural, and essentially necessarrycompliment to concealed carry, especially to avoid harassment or charges for printing," when changing clothes or getting out of a vehicle, or when traveling thru a state where your concealed permit does not work.
Could we get update on where the balance is, and how much more is needed?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
Mike wrote:
XD40SubCompact wrote:
Just donated a C-Note...

Could we get update on where the balance is, and how much more is needed?
I have asked John to do this - trouble is, John is in Minnesota and some folks insist on sending him paper checks to VA instead of pay pal so he will not be able to count those checks till he goes home.

Bottom line - we have $1,300 avaliable in matching - so the object should be to quickly get $1,300 in donations and then we will have $2,600 +

To cut the check tommorrow to pay for production and 2 months of taxis in Austin I need at least $1,150 by tonight. However - to keep the taxis rolling in Austin thru the first 3 months of the Texas legislative session (thru MAR) will take a total of $3,650, so keep the contributions coming.

We will nee more money to keep the bill board up past October too ($1,500 per month).

If every member of OCDO gave at least $10, we would have $80,000+ to play with and we could put bill boards up in Houston and Dallas too!