Thread: The Optional Glock Trigger

Post imported post

Does anyone that that heavier trigger installed as an option? How do you like it. Since the my 36 is not really a target pistol, I'm thinking I'd like to have the harder to fire and maybe, therefore, a bit safer one.....

Post imported post

My G23 has an 8lb connector in it. I like it, it's a little stiffer, but much more crisp a release at the end. The "best" Glock trigger set-up, (so I've heard) is a factory 3.5lb connector used in conjunction with a NY-1 spring (rated at 8lbs), so you end up with about a 4.5-5lb trigger pull that is smooth and crisp. For self defense, I like the harder trigger. Just putting one in makes it obvious to everyone (if a shooting was to occur) that you were concerned enough about safety to put a HEAVIER trigger in your gun. Couldn't hurt, at least.

Post imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    My G23 has an 8lb connector in it. I like it, it's a little stiffer, but much more crisp a release at the end. The "best" Glock trigger set-up, (so I've heard) is a factory 3.5lb connector used in conjunction with a NY-1 spring (rated at 8lbs), so you end up with about a 4.5-5lb trigger pull that is smooth and crisp. For self defense, I like the harder trigger. Just putting one in makes it obvious to everyone (if a shooting was to occur) that you were concerned enough about safety to put a HEAVIER trigger in your gun. Couldn't hurt, at least.
    Perfectly stated.

MD

Post imported post

Thank you for confirming what I suspected. I mostly carry a JFrame, DAO .357 most of the time; just a little easier and pocketable if necessary.