• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Optional Glock Trigger

BlaineG

imported post

Does anyone that that heavier trigger installed as an option? How do you like it. Since the my 36 is not really a target pistol, I'm thinking I'd like to have the harder to fire and maybe, therefore, a bit safer one.....

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

My G23 has an 8lb connector in it. I like it, it's a little stiffer, but much more crisp a release at the end. The "best" Glock trigger set-up, (so I've heard) is a factory 3.5lb connector used in conjunction with a NY-1 spring (rated at 8lbs), so you end up with about a 4.5-5lb trigger pull that is smooth and crisp. For self defense, I like the harder trigger. Just putting one in makes it obvious to everyone (if a shooting was to occur) that you were concerned enough about safety to put a HEAVIER trigger in your gun. Couldn't hurt, at least.

Machoduck

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
My G23 has an 8lb connector in it. I like it, it's a little stiffer, but much more crisp a release at the end. The "best" Glock trigger set-up, (so I've heard) is a factory 3.5lb connector used in conjunction with a NY-1 spring (rated at 8lbs), so you end up with about a 4.5-5lb trigger pull that is smooth and crisp. For self defense, I like the harder trigger. Just putting one in makes it obvious to everyone (if a shooting was to occur) that you were concerned enough about safety to put a HEAVIER trigger in your gun. Couldn't hurt, at least.
Perfectly stated.

MD

BlaineG

imported post

Thank you for confirming what I suspected. I mostly carry a JFrame, DAO .357 most of the time; just a little easier and pocketable if necessary.