• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anomalous Carry State?

Triple Tap

imported post

Can anyone tell me why OC maps have Washington State as this "type" of OC ? I would think we are more of the Fully pre-emted with a license ( Green ) state? This only because of the CPL need in a Vehical.

Thanks in Advance.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Triple Tap wrote:
Can anyone tell me why OC maps have Washington State as this "type" of OC ? I would think we are more of the Fully pre-emted with a license ( Green ) state? This only because of the CPL need in a Vehical.

Thanks in Advance.
Because of the CPL requirement when riding in a motor vehicle.

Cougar125

imported post

Revised Code of Washington

Title 9 - Crimes and Punishments

Chapter 9.41 - Firearms and Dangerous Weapons

Section 9.41.050 - Carrying Firearms

(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

(b) Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so. Any violation of this subsection (1)(b) shall be a class 1 civil infraction under chapter 7.80 RCW and shall be punished accordingly pursuant to chapter 7.80 RCW and the infraction rules for courts of limited jurisdiction.

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(3)(a) A person at least eighteen years of age who is in possession of an unloaded pistol shall not leave the unloaded pistol in a vehicle unless the unloaded pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(4) Nothing in this section permits the possession of firearms illegal to possess under state or federal law.

I'm new to this board but spent a lot of time reading through the state legislature last night to get a feel for what I can and can't do in this state. I own a Ruger KP90 .45 ACP. I don't have any pictures of it, but can get some later.

Triple Tap

imported post

So We dont fall under the pre-emted with a license type of state? I understand the rules and laws. I dont understand the Map on OC main page. what is the "anomalous" for?

Bear 45/70

imported post

Triple Tap wrote:
So We dont fall under the pre-emted with a license type of state? I understand the rules and laws. I dont understand the Map on OC main page. what is the "anomalous" for?
Green states allow you to carry in your vehicle without a CPL.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Triple Tap wrote:
Bear,

I think your incorrect.

How am I wrong?

Well, on second though, it is that we don't recognize others CPLs and we have no training required to get our CPL so they are not recognized by many other states.. I still think a permit for in the car is bogus at best.

Triple Tap

imported post

Sorry, that screen shot was from the Green state. Isnt that what Washington should be? Pre-emted with a license to carry in a vehical. go to the map and click the two different ones. I know we arent a gold star state.

denwego

imported post

I believe it's orange because you can OC on foot with no license, but require one to OC in a car; green, by contrast, requires a license to carry on foot as well, even if sometimes (but not always) you can carry in a car without one.

Bear 45/70

imported post

denwego wrote:
I believe it's orange because you can OC on foot with no license, but require one to OC in a car; green, by contrast, requires a license to carry on foot as well, even if sometimes (but not always) you can carry in a car without one.
You are saying green is a lower rating than orange? I don't think so.

just_a_car

imported post

I agree it's probably because we have to have a permit to carry loaded in a vehicle.

But, I think it might also have to do with the fact that so many PD's are unaware of the law in regards to OC and hassle OC'ers as if they're criminals... as evidenced by our own posts.

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I agree it's probably because we have to have a permit to carry loaded in a vehicle.

But, I think it might also have to do with the fact that so many PD's are unaware of the law in regards to OC and hassle OC'ers as if they're criminals... as evidenced by our own posts.
Yeah, but we are educating the cops as fast as we can.