• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IWB Holster for SA XD .45ACP 4"

X

XtremeDuty.45

imported post

I know this is an open carry forum but since I am in Texas I am in need of a good concealment holster. I am looking for a reasonably priced IWB holster for my XD .45 compact (4"). Are there any suggestions? While we are on the subject I would like some suggestions for a good OWB holster for OCing when it becomes legal here in Texas (we all know its just a matter of time). Any suggestions there? Thanks for all the help.

Proud member of: VFW, American Legion, AMVETS, KofC, NRA and North American Hunting Club.

WE MUST FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS!!!

CrossFire

imported post

I am from TX also and have the same XD also a XD9 subcompact and I have yet to find a concealment holster for either one. I have made do with some of the cheap nylon ones you can get at most gun shops and gun shows.

X

XtremeDuty.45

imported post

What are some good places to shop for holsters? I have searched endlessly on the net with nothing to show. Any suggestions on stores or retailers would be great. Thanks!

Proud member of: VFW, American Legion, AMVETS, KofC, NRA and North American Hunting Club.

X

XtremeDuty.45

imported post

That is one of the holsters I have been looking at. What are your reasons for deciding on it?

djstaehlin

Campaign Veteran
imported post

XtremeDuty.45 wrote:
I know this is an open carry forum but since I am in Texas I am in need of a good concealment holster. I am looking for a reasonably priced IWB holster for my XD .45 compact (4"). Are there any suggestions? While we are on the subject I would like some suggestions for a good OWB holster for OCing when it becomes legal here in Texas (we all know its just a matter of time). Any suggestions there? Thanks for all the help.
I also have the XD .45 compact (4"). I use the Silent Thunder holster from Tucker Gun Leather.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/sithiw.html

It is leather-lined and tuckable. I usually don't use it tucked, however. I normally wear it with an untucked t-shirt or light jacket.

DJ

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

XtremeDuty.45 wrote:
That is one of the holsters I have been looking at. What are your reasons for deciding on it?
After trying a few holsters, borrowing some others and trying those, I decided that for my nicer IWB (I have some cheapies I have used until I found what I really wanted) I want leather with a sweat shield against my body or t-shirt. That narrowed it down well. Then I read lots of reviews of various holsters on several different forums and noted which holsters consistently received praise for comfort and quality. I narrowed it down to just a few including the Minotaur. After going back and forth for months I finally decided on the Minotaur because I can buy another kydex body for it and have one broken in holster and by just changing the body carry either of my primary sidearms. That makes it much less expensive than buying 2 totally separate quality IWB holsters and I hope add to the comfort as I only have to go through the break in of the leather one time for both pistols.

It is a difficult decision. There are many excellent holsters on the market. The Tucker leather holsters look most excellent and I have heard wonderful things about them. The Crossbreed holsters receive consistently high praise and have an impecable reputation for quality and warranty. There are just so many wonderful choices that at some point you just have to make a decision on what you think will work well for you within your budget.

X

XtremeDuty.45

imported post

deepdiver,

I think I am in agreeance with you. I looked at the Minataur and I liked the Kydex and leather combo. You had some good points. I also like the height and cant adjustment on the Minataur. I appreciate your help and will be purchasing the Minataur MTAC. Thanks again.

X

XtremeDuty.45

imported post

i got the feeling you will be getting yours before i get mine. if you remember, let me know how it does. thanks again for the help