Thread: 1st time OC

Post imported post

So I have recently been given a Glock 17, as a joining the armed forces present. Will technically I bought it but for only $100 from my brother in law. I have purchased a level 2 serpa holster also.

The only thing that has been irking me, is that I am only 19 years old and look a bit young for my age.. But from what I have read OC is completely legal. I dress in a professional manner, with a short military haircut (always have).

So to say none the less, I am pretty nervous for my first time OC'ing. Is there anyone out there in the same boat (looking young for their age)?

Also if I am stopped by a LEO, and he asks for ID (drivers license) and see's that I'm not 21. I'm worried that he will think I purchased the firearm illegally. Seeing you must be 21 to purchase from a store. And the fact that not all LEO's know everything in the law book. I just want to avoid a trip down to the staion seeing I have not broken the law.

Post imported post

Don't worry about it. If a cop asks you for your ID, and you show it to him or her, they'll see your age and then be fine with it. But the odd's aren't very good that that will even happen being as this is AZ.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I'm 19 as well and have had no problems with LEOs.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I just turned 20 and have been OCing for almost a year now. Never had any issues at all. I love AZ

Post imported post

As long as you're over 18 and are carrying openly (and not acting like a *******), there's no reason for a cop to say anything about your carrying.

GT

(and thanks for your service)

Post imported post

Assuming you are even stopped by LEO, because they look at you and say "Gee, he's armed and doesn't look 18", a quick ID check will end the contact.

The law is very specific in AZ: You need to be 21 to buy a handgun. The law also provides provisions/restrictions/allowences for carrying handguns UNDER 18.

OC at 18 is perfectly legal. Happy carrying.

Post imported post

AZkopper wrote:
    The law is very specific in AZ: You need to be 21 to buy a handgun.
    Only from a FFL (and thats federal law, not AZ law.)

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

You'll be fine doing it. Be polite, and just walk with some confidence and all will be good.

Post imported post

If you are> 18 and "gifted the gun" versus purchase, you are just fine in AZ.