• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st time OC

impulse

imported post

So I have recently been given a Glock 17, as a joining the armed forces present. Will technically I bought it but for only $100 from my brother in law. I have purchased a level 2 serpa holster also.

The only thing that has been irking me, is that I am only 19 years old and look a bit young for my age.. But from what I have read OC is completely legal. I dress in a professional manner, with a short military haircut (always have).

So to say none the less, I am pretty nervous for my first time OC'ing. Is there anyone out there in the same boat (looking young for their age)?

Also if I am stopped by a LEO, and he asks for ID (drivers license) and see's that I'm not 21. I'm worried that he will think I purchased the firearm illegally. Seeing you must be 21 to purchase from a store. And the fact that not all LEO's know everything in the law book. I just want to avoid a trip down to the staion seeing I have not broken the law.

Michigander

imported post

Don't worry about it. If a cop asks you for your ID, and you show it to him or her, they'll see your age and then be fine with it. But the odd's aren't very good that that will even happen being as this is AZ.

Gravity_Tester

imported post

As long as you're over 18 and are carrying openly (and not acting like a jackass), there's no reason for a cop to say anything about your carrying.

GT

(and thanks for your service):)

AZkopper

imported post

Assuming you are even stopped by LEO, because they look at you and say "Gee, he's armed and doesn't look 18", a quick ID check will end the contact.

The law is very specific in AZ: You need to be 21 to buy a handgun. The law also provides provisions/restrictions/allowences for carrying handguns UNDER 18.

OC at 18 is perfectly legal. Happy carrying.