• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hassled by bank manager

DEROS72

imported post

A while back I mentioned that the manager at the US bank at the safeway in Seatac came over while I was having coffee and told me basically I was illegal.I showed him a pamphlet and he glanced and basically through it back on the table.Well today I,m in the safeway having a coffee and needed to stop by the bank to check bal.at the machine.Theses 2 ladies at the bank counter asked me if I was a cop.I said no and gave them a brief tutorial on WA.law.and this is the amusing part.They go That is so sexy ! the other asked if I was single and no one at the counter had any problem.This manager overhearing this charged out and said I cannot where my pistol while at the bank or the ATM even though the bank is in the safeway store.Next I tried to make a withdrawal from the Atm and all of a sudden my pin was invalid.I went to the girl at the counter and asked whats up?At that point he said our security has a problem with you carrying like that .I did not respond.She appeared to be reading a long message and then told me it was OK. I had to unfortunatley overdraft my account to pay for my meds at the pharmacy.(I have congestive heart failure and a severe hernia and some meds are costing me a bundle ).In the mean time these other ladies that thought it was cool were trying to get a date........for their MOM..Boy there was an ego blow!Anyway guys I never have any trouble there except from this one obvious anti .I,m just wondering if maybe he'll try to mess with my account tac on even more fees or just screw with me in some way since he really seems to be bugged that no else at this store cares.Many have asked for info and where to get permits..(I have direct deposit on the first and 3rd each mo.of a couple of pension checks otherwise I would not have overdrafted ).When he says I can,t bring it into the bank ,makes no sense ,since the banks counter is in the safeway store.It would be great to have a couple of guys all at once sit down for coffee with me in the morning.Also does anyone know US banks official policy on this............Get a date for her mom I'll never live that down........

Hammer

imported post

You know, the up side is if the bank mgr does dick with your account when you're done with him not only will you have all your meds at their expense for life, I think you ought to spec that he be your b!tch and fetch water to take them. Then maybe he can give a foot rub or oil your holster. Wash your car? Hail a cab?
If I lived in the neighborhood I'd be glad to "wander" in there with my recorder runnin'
Might be payday for me, too..... :celebrate

Triple Tap

imported post

I think you should contact bank corporate and ask them for a policy standing, you should be able to find an email address pretty easy. Then take it to him directly. If he still has an issue then sic the corporate on him for harrassing you everytime you go in.

DEROS72

imported post

I will e-mail corp. I,m just wondering if he can mess with me because I had to intentionally overdraft my account to buy meds.Knowing full well I will infact have more than adequate funds to cover all of it by the 1st.Also you don,t even have to go into the bank since it is in the store itself, you walk up to the counter.I just thought it weird that my pin was all of a sudden invalid.

Triple Tap

imported post

Mess with you, No, I dont think he is that dumb. too many audit trails in the banking industry.

But.....since you overdraft he certianly wont be your friend and reverse the overdraft charges, which some branch managers can do for "VIP" good customers, or at least customers that he thinks deserves some help as it was maybe your first time overdrawn.

DEROS72

imported post

Well I had to do one other time and if he checked the deposit history will see all was covered inc. fees when my checkes hit the account.But your right he is very anti and is the only one that seems bugged so I,m sure I won,t get a fee reversed..the girls at the counter that were helping me were all smiles very nice and didn,t seem to care at all.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Well I had to do one other time and if he checked the deposit history will see all was covered inc. fees when my checkes hit the account.But your right he is very anti and is the only one that seems bugged so I,m sure I won,t get a fee reversed..the girls at the counter that were helping me were all smiles very nice and didn,t seem to care at all.

Maybe send a little letter to his supervisor complimenting the tellers on their professionalism in making you feel welcome.

And then, in the last paragraph, drop theanvil on Mr. Intolerant.

just_a_car

imported post

First off, Hammer, we are not about a "payday"... this is about education and being able to go about doing legal things without being hassled for it. If you're looking for a payday, join the ACLU.

DEROS, I would be honored to sit down and have coffee with you. After this Thursday, I'm free... let me know, via PM, when you'd like to get together.

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks car I agree I am not into sueing anyone unless they really stomp on me.Just getting folks educated .I pass out pamphlets there often to the curious who honestly didn,t know they had gun rights.Also people start to realize that some decent folks do carry and get used to seeing that.

kenshin

imported post

Triple Tap wrote:
I think you should contact bank corporate and ask them for a policy standing, you should be able to find an email address pretty easy. Then take it to him directly. If he still has an issue then sic the corporate on him for harrassing you everytime you go in.
US Bank is definitively anti-gun. I was banned and told I would be trespassed by their head of security investigations. I called back to talk with them and got ahold of several people all of which told me it was against company policy however none of them could send me a copy of the policy. So maybe it's not definitive but I've given up on them. I finally used the drive thru to close out my account there.

DEROS72

imported post

Whats funny is that this branch is in the safeway so you are not actually going into it just standing at the counter at which is on the safeway side.

kenshin

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Whats funny is that this branch is in the safeway so you are not actually going into it just standing at the counter at which is on the safeway side.
Except that I'm pretty sure they lease that area of the Safeway store and it is therefore considered they're private property. Might be wrong but I think that's how it works.

David.Car

imported post

I learned to hate US Bank as a young un when they were trying to screw me (than a 14 year old) on unwarranted fees. After I closed my account they continued to try and add on fees and keep my account open.

neddis

imported post

I got hosed by US bank too. Held my paycheck for several days before making the funds available - obviously overdraft fees were involved. It was a freakin school district pay check! Anyway, I will not be doing business with them again.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I will be home next week:DI had such a good time when I was home, I decided to call it quits here in Qatar, I will just look for a job when I get back.If you still would like someone to have coffee with I will meet you there after the 1st, just for that reason.

Oh, also long time ago I had a lady tell her B/F that carrying a pistol was sexyafter she saw put my gun on me before going out one night.

DEROS72

imported post

That would be great ,just let me know when your ready.Look forward to seeing you again....