Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Red is O.C.D.*

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorktown, VA, ,
    Posts
    270

    Post imported post

    A follow up article by Bill Cope, Boise Weekly.

    Honestly I read about half of it and dispite my interest...gave up. A few cryptic lines here and there are one thing but an entire article?

    http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/...d=oid%3A316653



  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    214

    Post imported post

    That was highly annoying!

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    Well, Red is using the standard "loser's Tactic". If you can't when an argument with facts, denigrate your opposition.

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Graham, Texas
    Posts
    313

    Post imported post

    Just a hit piece, pay it no mind.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    No offense, but this is a duplicate.

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum20/15202.html

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    "I'd no more put my trust in gun-obsessed yahoos to defend my right to call them gun-obsessed yahoos than I'd depend on drunk monkeys to write my columns for me."

    If drunk monkeys didn't write that piece then someone has some serious issues.

    Until I read that column though I didn't know that everyone who speaks in a thick southern accent is an assumed idiot and an open carry practitioner. Wonder how those with a thick southern accent who are not idiots and not open carry practitioners feel about being so portrayed by this individual.

    I also wonder how a class-action libel suit would sit with him considering that he has now, in a published column, portrayed every member of OCDO as an irresponsible, irrational, uneducated, stereotypical stupid hillbilly/redneck loser. Wonder if he went far enough for it to be actionable. Any of our idiot, uneducated hillbilly idiot attorneys floating around reading this?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    "I'd no more put my trust in gun-obsessed yahoos to defend my right to call them gun-obsessed yahoos than I'd depend on drunk monkeys to write my columns for me."

    If drunk monkeys didn't write that piece then someone has some serious issues.

    Until I read that column though I didn't know that everyone who speaks in a thick southern accent is an assumed idiot and an open carry practitioner. Wonder how those with a thick southern accent who are not idiots and not open carry practitioners feel about being so portrayed by this individual.

    I also wonder how a class-action libel suit would sit with him considering that he has now, in a published column, portrayed every member of OCDO as an irresponsible, irrational, uneducated, stereotypical stupid hillbilly/redneck loser. Wonder if he went far enough for it to be actionable. Any of our idiot, uneducated hillbilly idiot attorneys floating around reading this?
    Deepdiver

    HIs attempt at putting in text a resemblence of a "heavy southern drawl" didn't even come close. I don't think he's ever even heard anyone speek with a southern drawl. Like I said, he just used his blog to degrade those that he dissagrees with.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    "I'd no more put my trust in gun-obsessed yahoos to defend my right to call them gun-obsessed yahoos than I'd depend on drunk monkeys to write my columns for me."

    If drunk monkeys didn't write that piece then someone has some serious issues.

    Until I read that column though I didn't know that everyone who speaks in a thick southern accent is an assumed idiot and an open carry practitioner. Wonder how those with a thick southern accent who are not idiots and not open carry practitioners feel about being so portrayed by this individual.

    I also wonder how a class-action libel suit would sit with him considering that he has now, in a published column, portrayed every member of OCDO as an irresponsible, irrational, uneducated, stereotypical stupid hillbilly/redneck loser. Wonder if he went far enough for it to be actionable. Any of our idiot, uneducated hillbilly idiot attorneys floating around reading this?
    Deepdiver

    HIs attempt at putting in text a resemblence of a "heavy southern drawl" didn't even come close. I don't think he's ever even heard anyone speek with a southern drawl. Like I said, he just used his blog to degrade those that he dissagrees with.
    I agree with your assessment of his gross deficiencies of dialect writing and purpose. It was a caricature meant to demean and denigrate those who do not speak like him or believe as he does.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  9. #9
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964

    Post imported post

    This man is a bigot.

    This man mocks ocdo members, modern civil rights activists just like some jim crow newspapers mocked civil rights activists in the 1960's. Ask himwhere this bigotry will end, and if he supports other vile causes to suppress civil rights.




    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    396

    Post imported post

    Sigh...

    The "Weekly" newspaper series are small, left-leaning independent publications. They are full of articles like this, where insults and elitism are the standard.


    I lived in Tucson a number of years, and the Tucson Weekly definately was not aiming at credible journalism. They did do a good job on presenting stories that the mainstream skipped on, but tended to do so with a very "hippie-power" viewpoint.


    I would give this article about as much attention as I do quotes from Jesse Jackson. Read it, then ignore it, because it says what I pretty much expected it to say anyhow.

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    As I said about the original article, not worth responding to. It really seems like he is baiting gun owners to boost his ratings.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    'Reckon this sniffy Yankee yahoo dunno how'ta speak Suth'rn either.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    PhenixCity, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    130

    Post imported post

    Well i'm from the deep south, was born in TX and have lived in FLA,GA,ALA.AR,

    an LA. (the state not the commie town on the left coast)

    I have traveled all over the United States and have had comments on my accent in all

    of them.

    But that so called article is the most offensive thing i have ever tried to read........................

    In reality, I loved it . It just shows how unedcuated and poorly trained writers try to

    get a point across no matter how bad that point is.

    I find it very amusing that a northern "writer" andI use that term instead of

    something else i would prefer BUT won't because this is a public forum ,finds it

    necessary to make fun of fellow americans reguardless of where they live.

    I wonder why he didn't pick a VT, or an AK accent to try to imitate, they are the

    most free gun states in the US.

    Oh I know it's much easier to pick on the redneck bubba sterotype lol.

    Well i'll take any of you redkneck bubba types any day to watch my back, or we can

    just sit in the back of a truck and watch him cringe in fear as he's attacked and try to

    talk the gun or knife from the BG while it takes 5 mins or more for LEO to get there.



  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    45-ACP wrote:
    Well i'm from the deep south, was born in TX and have lived in FLA,GA,ALA.AR,

    an LA. (the state not the commie town on the left coast)

    I have traveled all over the United States and have had comments on my accent in all

    of them.

    But that so called article is the most offensive thing i have ever tried to read........................

    In reality, I loved it . It just shows how unedcuated and poorly trained writers try to

    get a point across no matter how bad that point is.

    I find it very amusing that a northern "writer" andI use that term instead of

    something else i would prefer BUT won't because this is a public forum ,finds it

    necessary to make fun of fellow americans reguardless of where they live.

    I wonder why he didn't pick a VT, or an AK accent to try to emulate, they are the

    most free gun states in the US.

    Oh I know it's much easier to pick on the redneck bubba sterotype lol.

    Well i'll take any of you redkneck bubba types any day to watch my back, or we can

    just sit in the back of a truck and watch him cringe in fear as he's attacked and try to

    talk the gun or knife from the BG while it takes 5 mins or more for LEO to get there.

    Yep, an weez cud do won of dem thar puulz ta bet on how long it taks em ta bleeeed ta deathwins tha attackers done wit him.

    *southern redneck sarcasm emplied*

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    :?:?:shock::?:what::?:XThat's about what happened as I was tring to read it. I didn't know it was illegal for me to carry a firearm AND be educated. Should I retake the ASVAB so I fit more in the status quo? I mean, I scored a 94. Apparently, that means I did better than 94% of test takers. Why did I go Infantry? OH CRAP! I see the light, I'm getting rid of all my firearms right now because of what I just read *slaps self* Oh yeah, Tri-met, downtown Portland, a military man killed because they thought he was a skin head, THAT'S why I carry :P

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The High Plains, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    134

    Post imported post

    DenWin wrote:
    :?:?:shock::?:what::?:XThat's about what happened as I was tring to read it.
    Same here man... I'm not really sure how I feel right now, words just can't describe...

  17. #17
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    *sigh*

    Weak OPED from a weak tool.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,882

    Post imported post

    Well, as an unashamed Yankee, I can still say that this guy is a toad.

    -ljp

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    caldwell, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    Bill Copes article is less then truthful.. being from boise area i wouldnt expect
    anything less from him...

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran Bookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,424

    Post imported post

    45-ACP wrote:
    Well i'm from the deep south, was born in TX and have lived in FLA,GA,ALA.AR,

    an LA. (the state not the commie town on the left coast)

    I have traveled all over the United States and have had comments on my accent in all

    of them.

    But that so called article is the most offensive thing i have ever tried to read........................

    In reality, I loved it . It just shows how unedcuated and poorly trained writers try to

    get a point across no matter how bad that point is.

    I find it very amusing that a northern "writer" andI use that term instead of

    something else i would prefer BUT won't because this is a public forum ,finds it

    necessary to make fun of fellow americans reguardless of where they live.

    I wonder why he didn't pick a VT, or an AK accent to try to imitate, they are the

    most free gun states in the US.

    Oh I know it's much easier to pick on the redneck bubba sterotype lol.

    Well i'll take any of you redkneck bubba types any day to watch my back, or we can

    just sit in the back of a truck and watch him cringe in fear as he's attacked and try to

    talk the gun or knife from the BG while it takes 5 mins or more for LEO to get there.

    I was raised as an Army Brat, but spent most of my developing years in the South. I graduated from a high school in South Mississippi and spent 10 years in NC before moving to the Seattle area. I have to agree that that article is extremely insulting and hard to read. It paints a picture of gun owners that makes us look irresponsible and ignorant.

    Kind of like he has proved himself to be by not doing any research.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    Bookman wrote:
    I was raised as an Army Brat, but spent most of my developing years in the South. I graduated from a high school in South Mississippi and spent 10 years in NC before moving to the Seattle area. I have to agree that that article is extremely insulting and hard to read. It paints a picture of gun owners that makes us look irresponsible and ignorant.

    Kind of like he has proved himself to be by not doing any research.
    It certainly does raise the question, has this guy ever actually talked to a gun owner? I've know more than a couple in my short enough life, and most of them are fairly intelligent folks. Sure, there are a few morons with firearms out there, but like any dangerous hobby they tend to weed themselves out.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran Bookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,424

    Post imported post

    FogRider wrote:
    Bookman wrote:
    I was raised as an Army Brat, but spent most of my developing years in the South. I graduated from a high school in South Mississippi and spent 10 years in NC before moving to the Seattle area. I have to agree that that article is extremely insulting and hard to read. It paints a picture of gun owners that makes us look irresponsible and ignorant.

    Kind of like he has proved himself to be by not doing any research.
    It certainly does raise the question, has this guy ever actually talked to a gun owner? I've know more than a couple in my short enough life, and most of them are fairly intelligent folks. Sure, there are a few morons with firearms out there, but like any dangerous hobby they tend to weed themselves out.
    Natural selection?
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •