Thread: Red is O.C.D.*

Post imported post

A follow up article by Bill Cope, Boise Weekly.

Honestly I read about half of it and dispite my interest...gave up. A few cryptic lines here and there are one thing but an entire article?

http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/...d=oid%3A316653

Post imported post

That was highly annoying!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Well, Red is using the standard "loser's Tactic". If you can't when an argument with facts, denigrate your opposition.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Just a hit piece, pay it no mind.

Post imported post

No offense, but this is a duplicate.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum20/15202.html

Post imported post

"I'd no more put my trust in gun-obsessed yahoos to defend my right to call them gun-obsessed yahoos than I'd depend on drunk monkeys to write my columns for me."

If drunk monkeys didn't write that piece then someone has some serious issues.

Until I read that column though I didn't know that everyone who speaks in a thick southern accent is an assumed idiot and an open carry practitioner. Wonder how those with a thick southern accent who are not idiots and not open carry practitioners feel about being so portrayed by this individual.

I also wonder how a class-action libel suit would sit with him considering that he has now, in a published column, portrayed every member of OCDO as an irresponsible, irrational, uneducated, stereotypical stupid hillbilly/redneck loser. Wonder if he went far enough for it to be actionable. Any of our idiot, uneducated hillbilly idiot attorneys floating around reading this?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    "I'd no more put my trust in gun-obsessed yahoos to defend my right to call them gun-obsessed yahoos than I'd depend on drunk monkeys to write my columns for me."

Until I read that column though I didn't know that everyone who speaks in a thick southern accent is an assumed idiot and an open carry practitioner. Wonder how those with a thick southern accent who are not idiots and not open carry practitioners feel about being so portrayed by this individual.

I also wonder how a class-action libel suit would sit with him considering that he has now, in a published column, portrayed every member of OCDO as an irresponsible, irrational, uneducated, stereotypical stupid hillbilly/redneck loser. Wonder if he went far enough for it to be actionable. Any of our idiot, uneducated hillbilly idiot attorneys floating around reading this?
    Deepdiver

HIs attempt at putting in text a resemblence of a "heavy southern drawl" didn't even come close. I don't think he's ever even heard anyone speek with a southern drawl. Like I said, he just used his blog to degrade those that he dissagrees with.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:

Deepdiver

HIs attempt at putting in text a resemblence of a "heavy southern drawl" didn't even come close. I don't think he's ever even heard anyone speek with a southern drawl. Like I said, he just used his blog to degrade those that he dissagrees with.
    I agree with your assessment of his gross deficiencies of dialect writing and purpose. It was a caricature meant to demean and denigrate those who do not speak like him or believe as he does.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

This man is a bigot.

This man mocks ocdo members, modern civil rights activists just like some jim crow newspapers mocked civil rights activists in the 1960's. Ask himwhere this bigotry will end, and if he supports other vile causes to suppress civil rights.

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sigh...

The "Weekly" newspaper series are small, left-leaning independent publications. They are full of articles like this, where insults and elitism are the standard.

I lived in Tucson a number of years, and the Tucson Weekly definately was not aiming at credible journalism. They did do a good job on presenting stories that the mainstream skipped on, but tended to do so with a very "hippie-power" viewpoint.

I would give this article about as much attention as I do quotes from Jesse Jackson. Read it, then ignore it, because it says what I pretty much expected it to say anyhow.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

As I said about the original article, not worth responding to. It really seems like he is baiting gun owners to boost his ratings.

Post imported post

'Reckon this sniffy Yankee yahoo dunno how'ta speak Suth'rn either.

Post imported post

Well i'm from the deep south, was born in TX and have lived in FLA,GA,ALA.AR,

an LA. (the state not the commie town on the left coast)

I have traveled all over the United States and have had comments on my accent in all

of them.

But that so called article is the most offensive thing i have ever tried to read........................

In reality, I loved it . It just shows how unedcuated and poorly trained writers try to

get a point across no matter how bad that point is.

I find it very amusing that a northern "writer" andI use that term instead of

something else i would prefer BUT won't because this is a public forum ,finds it

necessary to make fun of fellow americans reguardless of where they live.

I wonder why he didn't pick a VT, or an AK accent to try to imitate, they are the

most free gun states in the US.

Oh I know it's much easier to pick on the redneck bubba sterotype lol.

Well i'll take any of you redkneck bubba types any day to watch my back, or we can

just sit in the back of a truck and watch him cringe in fear as he's attacked and try to

talk the gun or knife from the BG while it takes 5 mins or more for LEO to get there.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

45-ACP wrote:

I have traveled all over the United States and have had comments on my accent in all

of them.

But that so called article is the most offensive thing i have ever tried to read........................

In reality, I loved it . It just shows how unedcuated and poorly trained writers try to

something else i would prefer BUT won't because this is a public forum ,finds it

I wonder why he didn't pick a VT, or an AK accent to try to emulate, they are the

Well i'll take any of you redkneck bubba types any day to watch my back, or we can

just sit in the back of a truck and watch him cringe in fear as he's attacked and try to

talk the gun or knife from the BG while it takes 5 mins or more for LEO to get there.

Yep, an weez cud do won of dem thar puulz ta bet on how long it taks em ta bleeeed ta deathwins tha attackers done wit him.

*southern redneck sarcasm emplied*

Post imported post

:?:?:shock::?:what::?:XThat's about what happened as I was tring to read it. I didn't know it was illegal for me to carry a firearm AND be educated. Should I retake the ASVAB so I fit more in the status quo? I mean, I scored a 94. Apparently, that means I did better than 94% of test takers. Why did I go Infantry? OH CRAP! I see the light, I'm getting rid of all my firearms right now because of what I just read *slaps self* Oh yeah, Tri-met, downtown Portland, a military man killed because they thought he was a skin head, THAT'S why I carry :P

Post imported post

DenWin wrote:
    :?:?:shock::?:what::?:XThat's about what happened as I was tring to read it.
    Same here man... I'm not really sure how I feel right now, words just can't describe...

Post imported post

*sigh*

Weak OPED from a weak tool.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

Well, as an unashamed Yankee, I can still say that this guy is a toad.

-ljp

Post imported post

Bill Copes article is less then truthful.. being from boise area i wouldnt expect
    anything less from him...

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

45-ACP wrote:

of them.

I wonder why he didn't pick a VT, or an AK accent to try to imitate, they are the

I was raised as an Army Brat, but spent most of my developing years in the South. I graduated from a high school in South Mississippi and spent 10 years in NC before moving to the Seattle area. I have to agree that that article is extremely insulting and hard to read. It paints a picture of gun owners that makes us look irresponsible and ignorant.

Kind of like he has proved himself to be by not doing any research.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Bookman wrote:
    I was raised as an Army Brat, but spent most of my developing years in the South. I graduated from a high school in South Mississippi and spent 10 years in NC before moving to the Seattle area. I have to agree that that article is extremely insulting and hard to read. It paints a picture of gun owners that makes us look irresponsible and ignorant.

It certainly does raise the question, has this guy ever actually talked to a gun owner? I've know more than a couple in my short enough life, and most of them are fairly intelligent folks. Sure, there are a few morons with firearms out there, but like any dangerous hobby they tend to weed themselves out.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

FogRider wrote:
    Bookman wrote:

It certainly does raise the question, has this guy ever actually talked to a gun owner? I've know more than a couple in my short enough life, and most of them are fairly intelligent folks. Sure, there are a few morons with firearms out there, but like any dangerous hobby they tend to weed themselves out.
    Natural selection?
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson