• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Red is O.C.D.*

FogRider

imported post

Bookman wrote:
I was raised as an Army Brat, but spent most of my developing years in the South. I graduated from a high school in South Mississippi and spent 10 years in NC before moving to the Seattle area. I have to agree that that article is extremely insulting and hard to read. It paints a picture of gun owners that makes us look irresponsible and ignorant.

Kind of like he has proved himself to be by not doing any research.
It certainly does raise the question, has this guy ever actually talked to a gun owner? I've know more than a couple in my short enough life, and most of them are fairly intelligent folks. Sure, there are a few morons with firearms out there, but like any dangerous hobby they tend to weed themselves out.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

FogRider wrote:
Bookman wrote:
I was raised as an Army Brat, but spent most of my developing years in the South. I graduated from a high school in South Mississippi and spent 10 years in NC before moving to the Seattle area. I have to agree that that article is extremely insulting and hard to read. It paints a picture of gun owners that makes us look irresponsible and ignorant.

Kind of like he has proved himself to be by not doing any research.
It certainly does raise the question, has this guy ever actually talked to a gun owner? I've know more than a couple in my short enough life, and most of them are fairly intelligent folks. Sure, there are a few morons with firearms out there, but like any dangerous hobby they tend to weed themselves out.
Natural selection?