• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

son arrested for open carry / being charged for concealed carry without permit

ps

imported post

My son was arrested on this past Monday at a coffee shop in West Lake (corrected: West Park) OH and being charged with concealed carry without a permit tomorrow morning (Thurs) in the Common Pleas Court of Cleveland, which from the best I can gather must be based on false statements by arresting offers, as my son and other eye witnesses can attest that the holstered handgun was being carried openly in plain sight on his side, and not obscured by any clothing (potentially being only a t-shirt which was tucked behind not over the holster); any advice?

Kungfu

imported post

Perhaps it would be best for the group if we had a list of pro-2nd Amendment attorneys that are knowledgable with CCW and OC?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

ps wrote:
my son and other eye witnesses can attest that the holstered handgun was being carried openly in plain sight on his side, and not obscured by any clothing (potentially being only a t-shirt which was tucked behind not over the holster); any advice?
If I were open carrying without a concealed permit I would have my shirt fully tucked in my pants, not "tucked behind" the gun - little facts like this matter a lot.

ChefW

imported post

This is why I don't OC in westlake. I've had problems in the past as this is the most OC un-friendly place in OH. I also believe that this will get dropped quickly. Hopefully with as little damage as possible. Good luck to you sir.