• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A new opportunity just arrived.

Trigger Dr

imported post

My daughter called me about an hour ago (11:00pm) and said she had just left the Hunter Ed class with my Grandson. In the class hey were showing a video and one of the actors was OC on a motorcycle. The instructor said that was illegal and the only way you could carry open was if you were hunting. My daughter challenged them right in the middle of the video.:celebratebut they were not to be told otherwise. She told the instructor that I was a certified Hunter Ed instructor, retired LEO and former judge. This set them back a bit but they are still resistant.

In short, I just emailed her copies of the training bulletins, and an adaptation of the letter Mike posted as boilerplate to send to Sheriff and Police. She will present these to them in front of the class, verbally so all can hear, tomorrow night.

Second chapter will follow tomorrow night.

I know the head of Hunter Ed on a personnal basis, and will take it up with him after I see what develops.

ghosthunter

imported post

Every Hunter Edclass is not the same. We teach a program but each instructor has his own swing on how that is done.

In 15 years I have never seen any information about Open Carry in information given to students outside of a copy of firearm laws. The the Dept. has not addressed it in any form that I know of.

Where and when was the class held?

Trigger Dr

imported post

ghosthunter wrote:
Every Hunter Edclass is not the same. We teach a program but each instructor has his own swing on how that is done.

In 15 years I have never seen any information about Open Carry in information given to students outside of a copy of firearm laws. The the Dept. has not addressed it in any form that I know of.

Where and when was the class held?
You are correct. I have taught for several years also. ( instructor # 7070). I doubt the program will be altered, or the instructors asked to include OC information in the curiculum. But I would hope that instructors would be cautioned against giving information counter to law on OC. I will take with Mikitik after I get information from my daughter.