• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Petition to Corporate companies on the DNP list

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ok so I have an idea. What does everyone think about this?.

I thought about this when I started Occing in a place with a no weapons sign. So we have a DNP list on OCDO and most of us, some of us DoNP a lot of these establishment because they prohibit firearms in their buildings, I thought maybe we could try to make these companies realize the risk everyone in their company faces when they enter into their establishments. Being that we have so many people on this site, to include the spammers and the people double user names, even the guest that visit this site. How about someone that is really good at writing make a petition to these company's Corporate office explaining why we feel their anti- weapon policy does more harm than good, and how it leaves their customers in a venerable position if ever attacked or made a target.

In this petition will try to get these CEO's to allow the carry of firearms in there establishments. We can even add news articles of people being taken hostage, being just picking places as random targets. Ect. To drive home the point.

Points that could be brought out could be

1. We as law abiding citizens are not a threat to their business
2. We will not handle our weapons in their establishments at any time
3. The bad guys can strike any place and any time, just because they may not have had a act of violence does not mean at some point a BG will not attempt to target their establishment
4 We could of course show that they are on a national DNP list with "X" number of members
5 Our state trust us with pistols those who holds (CHLs) and that they at least follow state laws.
6. their rivals are getting their business

Do you guys and gals think it's worth a shot? We can post it on OCDO, and other sites that are Pro 2nd. It will only cost us some time and a stamp. Or an email.

markand

imported post

Perhaps a good idea would be to make copies of all of the restaurant bills from an open carry meet up and send them to the management of anti-gun restaurants with a letter to the effect "We wanted to spend our money with you, but couldn't..."

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

markand wrote:
Perhaps a good idea would be to make copies of all of the restaurant bills from an open carry meet up and send them to the management of anti-gun restaurants with a letter to the effect "We wanted to spend our money with you, but couldn't..."
Yes Sir, now that's driving the point home! :celebrate "Nana nana boo boo."

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You know it may be a crazy idea:lol:But I just thought it us I have some crazy thoughts some times, like jumping in the crocodile exhibit at the Zoo in St. Louis Mo. :banghead:with the crocks about 10 feet away. Yep another one of my crazy ideas. It was cool until after I got out and had to sit down because I was shaking so much.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
You know it may be a crazy idea:lol:But I just thought it us I have some crazy thoughts some times, like jumping in the crocodile exhibit at the Zoo in St. Louis Mo. :banghead:with the crocks about 10 feet away. Yep another one of my crazy ideas. It was cool until after I got out and had to sit down because I was shaking so much.
I like your first idea better. Besides, I know my place in the food chain. :D

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:

AP, it might not be wise to be confessing to having crazy ideas. It could jeopardize your ability to carry a firearm. :lol:

Maybe you should say that you have "creative" or "outside the box" ideas.

Crazy...... not good.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

Crazy...... not good.

You mean like, the "creative" voices told me to do the crocodile thing?

Hee hee hee hee.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Alwayspacking wrote:

AP, it might not be wise to be confessing to having crazy ideas. It could jeopardize your ability to carry a firearm. :lol:

Crazy...... not good.

HAHA

Yeah I think creative thoughts whenever I do not take my pills.. But I told the Doctor need a extra strength prescription because when I use to double dose my brain got accustom to it.

And no more jumping in a crock pit for me, those things are quick:what:.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

All seem like good ideas to me. Except the crocodile pool thing! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Maybe upper management has changed and is more pro but has done nothing about it. Might work in some cases. Give it a shot.

Yata hey

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah you never know, it could work. I do not really eat at these places that are on the DNP list, I never have, I just hate it that the people that run these restaurants do not see howthey jeopardize their customerswhen they eat at their restaurants. I thought at least we could try to make a difference.

hsmith

imported post

Perhaps we should start a "receipts project" - where by, we can all scan/take pics of our receipts, post them to a common place, then start a campaign to "influence" with our dollars places that ban firearms.

Thounsands of receipts with 100's of thousands of dollars speaks volumes to restaurant/business owners!