• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry In Front of Obama Event

Thundar

imported post

Open Carry on Great Bridge Boulevard Today in the Late Afternoon:idea:

Today, Thursday 21 August Sen. Obama is holding a rally at Oscar Smith High School in Chesapeake, VA. I think it is important for those in the Democrat Party that wish to suppress our civil right to bear arms and make disparaging remarks such as “bitter… clinging to guns…” to see us exercising all of our civil rights, including the open carry of firearms. :celebrate

While the open carry of firearms on school property would violate the law, individuals can line the approach corridor for the Obama caravan. The caravan must take Great Bridge Blvd. Anybody else wish to exercise their constitutional rights late this afternoon? Sorry about the short notice, the Obama Rally was just announced.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I would also add that this is inviting you to be detained by the SS (read those letters how you will).

FogRider

imported post

Pointman wrote:
Wearing a "Check One: Gun Owner / Victim" shirt would definitely send a message. Then again, is the Second Amendment about guns, or about rights?
Rights, without a question. I don't particularly want to lose the right to carry my BUK either.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DopaVash wrote:
I would also add that this is inviting you to be detained by the SS (read those letters how you will).
Some time ago I worked along side the Secret Service for a while.
I found them to be a pretty sharp group, able to the spot real threats quickly and work easily around the lesser threats. Still, your point is valid.

I look forward to hearing from those who attended.

The Donkey

imported post

Thundar wrote:
I think it is important for those in the Democrat Party that wish to suppress our civil right to bear arms and make disparaging remarks such as “bitter… clinging to guns…” to see us exercising all of our civil rights, including the open carry of firearms.

That's "Democratic Party," bub.

There are plenty of members of the Republican Partythatact in ignorance of legal rights to OC, while members of the Democratic Party, like Mark Warner, are friendly to OC law.

Curious to see how the non-partisan secret service and state police reacted.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Must be election time the Donkey is back, trying to equivocate his antigun party with the opposition.

Thundar

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Thundar wrote:
I think it is important for those in the Democrat Party that wish to suppress our civil right to bear arms and make disparaging remarks such as “bitter… clinging to guns…” to see us exercising all of our civil rights, including the open carry of firearms.

That's "Democratic Party," bub.

There are plenty of members of the Republican Partythatact in ignorance of legal rights to OC, while members of the Democratic Party, like Mark Warner, are friendly to OC law.

Well Donkey, you are right, there are some in the D party that support gun rights, but Obama ain't one of 'em. He is a colossal gun grabber.

That is whyI worethe Guns Save Lives orange button. I don't think I could have been a threat as I was on the sidewalk off of school grounds.

I think the security people were more nervous about the people with the Abortion Kills posters.:?

The Donkey

imported post

Thundar wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

Well Donkey, you are right, there are some in the D party that support gun rights, but Obama ain't one of 'em. He is a colossal gun grabber.

That is whyI worethe Guns Save Lives orange button. I don't think I could have been a threat as I was on the sidewalk off of school grounds.

I think the security people were more nervous about the people with the Abortion Kills posters.:?

I am glad that you all were not molested during your OC "happening."

This is part of what I got on John McCain from the "On The Issues" website. The quotes are selectively stolen mostly verbatim:

:arrow:A recall petition drive was started in June 2001 by the Arizona right. The petition complained . . . about (McCain's) proposal to close the gun show loophole. One form of the petition accused him of backing "dishonest and treasonist" legislation. Several of the petitions were posted at gun shops.

:arrow:The NRA was particularly angry with him for its being included in his campaign finance reform bill, and for trying to tighten a loophole in the gun control laws. McCain himself was sufficiently concerned that he sent a 4-page, single-spaced letter to every GOP precinct leader in Arizona. He called for "greater tolerance" for Republicans "who occasionally dissent" from one or another majority position held by a party. Source: Citizen McCain, by Elizabeth Drew, p. 78-79 May 7, 2002

[align=left]:arrow:McCain favors outlawing cheaply made handguns called Saturday night specials, and favors mandating safety locks on certain guns. He said he is intrigued by new technology that electronically identifies a person handling a gun, allowing only the owner to fire it. McCain rallied Senate Republicans behind a Democratic measure requiring background checks at gun shows. Source: Scott Lindlaw, Associated Press Aug 17, 1999
S.1805/H.R.1036 ; vote number 2004-30 on Mar 2, 2004)and another bill that would prohibit the manufacture, import, sale or delivery of armor piercing ammunition, and set a minimum prison term of 15 years for violations. Also it would require all licensed importers, manufacturers and dealers who engage in the transfer of handguns to provide secure gun storage or safety devices. (Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S 397 ; vote number 2005-219 on Jul 29, 2005.)

:arrow:McCain voted yes on The Hatch amdt would increase mandatory penalties for the illegal transfer or use of firearms and requires background check on purchasers at gun shows. [A YES vote supports stricter penalties]. Status: Amdt Agreed to Y)48; N)47; NV)5 Reference: Hatch Amendment #344; Bill S. 254 ; vote number 1999-118 on May 14, 1999

:arrow:McCain co-sponsored a bill banning gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC, BUT the billmaintains the current ban on the possession and control of a sawed-off shotgun, machine gun, or short-barreled rifle. Source: D.C. Personal Protection Act (H.R.1399/S.1001) 2007-S1001 on Mar 27, 2007

I am going to vote for Obama for reasons that have nothing to do with his positions on firearms. But if I was going to vote solely on the basis of consistent pro-gun stances, neither one of the major party candidates would get my vote.
[/align]

Tnrebel

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Thundar wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

This is part of what I got on John McCain from the "On The Issues" website. The quotes are selectively stolen mostly verbatim:

:arrow:A recall petition drive was started in June 2001 by the Arizona right. The petition complained . . . about (McCain's) proposal to close the gun show loophole. One form of the petition accused him of backing "dishonest and treasonist" legislation. Several of the petitions were posted at gun shops.

:arrow:The NRA was particularly angry with him for its being included in his campaign finance reform bill, and for trying to tighten a loophole in the gun control laws. McCain himself was sufficiently concerned that he sent a 4-page, single-spaced letter to every GOP precinct leader in Arizona. He called for "greater tolerance" for Republicans "who occasionally dissent" from one or another majority position held by a party. Source: Citizen McCain, by Elizabeth Drew, p. 78-79 May 7, 2002

[align=left]:arrow:McCain favors outlawing cheaply made handguns called Saturday night specials, and favors mandating safety locks on certain guns. He said he is intrigued by new technology that electronically identifies a person handling a gun, allowing only the owner to fire it. McCain rallied Senate Republicans behind a Democratic measure requiring background checks at gun shows. Source: Scott Lindlaw, Associated Press Aug 17, 1999
S.1805/H.R.1036 ; vote number 2004-30 on Mar 2, 2004)and another bill that would prohibit the manufacture, import, sale or delivery of armor piercing ammunition, and set a minimum prison term of 15 years for violations. Also it would require all licensed importers, manufacturers and dealers who engage in the transfer of handguns to provide secure gun storage or safety devices. (Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S 397 ; vote number 2005-219 on Jul 29, 2005.)

:arrow:McCain voted yes on The Hatch amdt would increase mandatory penalties for the illegal transfer or use of firearms and requires background check on purchasers at gun shows. [A YES vote supports stricter penalties]. Status: Amdt Agreed to Y)48; N)47; NV)5 Reference: Hatch Amendment #344; Bill S. 254 ; vote number 1999-118 on May 14, 1999

:arrow:McCain co-sponsored a bill banning gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC, BUT the billmaintains the current ban on the possession and control of a sawed-off shotgun, machine gun, or short-barreled rifle. Source: D.C. Personal Protection Act (H.R.1399/S.1001) 2007-S1001 on Mar 27, 2007

I am going to vote for Obama for reasons that have nothing to do with his positions on firearms. But if I was going to vote solely on the basis of consistent pro-gun stances, neither one of the major party candidates would get my vote.
[/align]
And I'm sure that McCain Thanks You as do I for we Don't feel that the time we spent in country defending your constitutional right to vote for the candidate of your choice . May God bless and keep you sir.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
[align=left] I am going to vote for Obama for reasons that have nothing to do with his positions on firearms. But if I was going to vote solely on the basis of consistent pro-gun stances, neither one of the major party candidates would get my vote.
[/align]
Well I'm doing the opposite, I'm voting against consistent anti-RKBA positions, of which Obama and Biden have been quite reliable. I'm defending my rights against the damage I'm sure they would do.

Thundar

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Thundar wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

[/align]
Donkey,

Don't take my dissatisfaction with Obama as an endorsement for McLame.If McLame comes to town I will open carry in front of his event as well. McLame is not as blatent about his deprevation of our rights, but sometimes he scares me more.

Barak and John are bothbig a statists. I am still a big Ron Paul supporter, though some of Bill Richardson's positions were interesting. Bill lost me with his income redistribution schemes.

Stay safe,

Thundar