• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Patriots-Update

comp45acp

imported post

Wisconsin Patriots want all to be aware of an important update. Go to www.wisconsinpatriots.com and under Links click on Announcements*Update*

Now is the time to call your state legislatures and your county board members and tell them you want positive action on the petitions.

Thanks to all who are supporting our effort to return Liberty to Wisconsin.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.wisconsinpatriots.com/calendar.html

The resolutions and petitions are now in the hands of your county officials. A few of our friends in the legislature also have them, and I made sure the Attorney General has the petitions, resolutions and much supporting documentation to make his job in this process, as easy as possible.

shernandez

imported post

This announcement is pretty vague. I was thinking that this would include the where these petitions went and who got them.

S.E.WI

imported post

comp45acp wrote:
Wisconsin Patriots want all to be aware of an important update. Go to http://www.wisconsinpatriots.com and under Links click on Announcements*Update*

Now is the time to call your state legislatures and your county board members and tell them you want positive action on the petitions.

Thanks to all who are supporting our effort to return Liberty to Wisconsin.
I sent emails to two county supervisors. One I know and the other represents my district. I hope they know about this so they're not scratching their heads wondering what I'm talking about. No reply yet either. Both of my state representatives have been useless in the past, very anti-gun,so I'm holding off on that for now. I wish there was some more info so I could have made sure it was done correctly. Please advise of any recommendations. Thanks, S.E.WI

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

S.E.WI wrote:
Please advise of any recommendations. Thanks, S.E.WI
I believe that the 'weight' given to a communication is inversely proportional to its convenience.

We fire off e-mails because they are cheap and convenient to send. E-mails are also convenient to delete (hence the regular brouhaha about their retention).

No one or few bother to write manuscript or USPSnail mail for its inconvenience but first Class postage requires proper handling.

Edited to incorporate TJ's correction.

S.E.WI

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
S.E.WI wrote:
Please advise of any recommendations. Thanks, S.E.WI
I believe that the 'weight' given to a communication is indirectly proportional to its convenience.

We fire off e-mails because they are cheap and convenient to send. E-mails are also convenient to delete (hence the regular brouhaha about their retention).

No one or few bother to write manuscript or USPSnail mail for its inconvenience but first Class postage requires proper handling.
Worth a try but it would still be nice to know that I am stating my support to someone that received the documents.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

One thing that is a little help in at least knowing the recipient read the email is to request a receipt. If you are using Outlook Express as your mail handler you can go into [Tools] [Options] click on the [Receipts] tab. Then make sure the box before the statement Request a receipt for all sent mail is checked. That doesn't guarantee the recipient will do anything with the email but it does tell you the date and time they received and read it.

shernandez

imported post

When sending something official I send it priority and make them sign for it. It cost more, but you always get a reply.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

I agree with Ms. Hernandez.

I believe that some e-mail applications, including OE and Thunderbird, allow the user to prevent receipts being sent. In Thunderbird, Tools|Options|Advanced|General|Return receipts... It has been long enough since I tinkered in OE to recall just is what the path to prevent the transmission of return receipts.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I didn't mean for my post on email receipts to become an item of discussion or a cure all. I meant that itmay be a litttle help over the sending of just a plain email. I have found that the majority of those in goverment offices do send back a receiptof my email.

Rick Finsta

imported post

I always say something to the effect of "if you will not be able to reply with a fullanswer within one week, I would greatly appreciate a quick note of confirmation of receipt of this correspondance."

I have had good luck getting immediate "yup,I got it and I'll answer soon" replies this way.